RClone vfs Mount & Plex - All the Time aborts in Playback


the last 2 weeks i have many problems with my Plex Server and the GSuite Mount… All the Time aborts in Playback, mostly when i use DirectPlay…

This is my RClone mount line:
rclone mount --rc --log-file /home/hd3/massaguana/rclone.log --umask 022 --allow-other --allow-non-empty --fuse-flag sync_read --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=48h --buffer-size=64M --vfs-read-chunk-size=2M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --attr-timeout=1s GSuiteCrypt: ~/mnt/GSuite &

Here are the last entry´s out of rclone log:

2018/07/11 18:14:52 ERROR : Plex Cloud Crypted/x264/***.mkv: ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 10/10: couldn't reopen fi$

2018/07/12 14:03:20 ERROR : Plex Cloud Crypted/***.mkv: R$
2018/07/17 19:44:30 ERROR : Plex Cloud Crypted/***.mkv: ReadFileH$
2018/07/29 02:36:17 ERROR : Plex Cloud Crypted/***.mkv: ReadFileHandle.Read error: low level retry 1/10: unexpect$

Any ideas to optimize my mount?

Thanks for your helping hands

Your read-chunk-size starts pretty low at 2M, that will cause a lot of API calls which can lead to bans.

If I were you I would lift that up to let’s say 64M. I have never had a ban mit 64M and already did a full rescan + chapter extraction of my library without issues.

Okay, i have changes from 2M to 64M and look what happens

The ERROR means that it tried 10 times to retrieve a chunk and failed 10 in a row so I’m guessing you had more errors around that.

–fuse-flag sync_read can be removed as it does nothing without mounting via cmount and sync_read is already on by default.

As was mentioned earlier, 64M or 32M is a solid starting point as 2M is tiny.

What do you think about VFS Caching and the VideoPreview generation Process? I use an Bytesized AddBox without root

here are manny problems with it, but i don´t know why…

Do you have a particular error or logfile that shows something not working?

I personally disable all the video preview generation as it’s very heavy to create and will consume a fair amount of bandwidth as it has to download every file entirely.

Yes there are some error messages in log… but bevor PMS the VideoPreview creation process is working good… but now it don´t work. When i start this process manual with “Analyze” the preview wood be created. but The Automatic Prozess is not working…

Here are some Messages out of log:

Jul 30, 2018 15:14:34.025 [0x7f28cfff9700] DEBUG - Media part for /data/mnt/GSuite/Plex Cloud Crypted/x264/Kampf der Welten (1953).mkv previously failed BIF generation with the same FFMPEG version (e944d3a-1309), skipping BIF generation
Jul 22, 2018 01:14:41.384 [0x7fc8233fc700] WARN - Transcode runner appears to have died.
Jul 20, 2018 16:43:58.006 [0x7f39697fe700] ERROR - BIF transcoder exited abnormally

Is there an error from the rclone log that correlates with the error you are seeing in Plex?

No, no error messages in rclone log

So you’d be having a plex issue rather than a rclone issue.

That being said, that doesn’t look like an error to me as it it saying you already have a BIF file created.

Okay, some new test are done… Result the problems with the VideoPreview Process are made by RClone…

What i Test:

I copy ~50 Movies to an local connected Storage at my Server an add an new library. At the next nightly automatic analyze all Previews are created… at my RClone mounted nothing…

My Next test is to see if the Problem are RClone self or the new VFS Mount… bevor i use Caching…

Files are analyzed when you add them.

You didn’t post any rclone logs other than the timeout one from before which was a network related item.

If you have a rclone error to share, that would be helpful.

I have rclone logging active, but there are nothing in there… no messages

Will -v or -vv show me more interesting?

-v is INFO and -vv is DEBUG so you can always run with higher logging, but if you aren’t seeing any errors at all, it’s probably not rclone.

Okay, debug logging are now activated… now just whaiting for the next “Scheduled Task” at night an see what i see in logs…

but in moment i see al lot of this:
2018/08/03 17:21:45 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 1/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: Rate Limit Exceeded, rateLimitExceeded)

That means you are hitting the API a lot of getting ‘told’ to slow down.

What does your error console look like in Google?

I‘m still Waiting For my own api key… The admin are in holiday… i‘still use the rclone, the last 4 month it Runs fine with it

I just started getting 403 rate limit exceeded errors. I’ve added --tpslimit 10 to stop those errors.

i use --tpslimit 10

my current line are:

rclone mount -vv --rc --log-file /home/hd3/massaguana/rclone.log --umask 022 --allow-other --allow-non-empty --tpslimit 10 --tpslimit-burst 10 --dir-cache-time=48h --buffer-size=64M --vfs-read-chunk-size=64M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit=2G --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes --attr-timeout=1s GSuiteCrypt: ~/mnt/GSuite &

Okay, with --v logging there are 2 GB logs in 12hours… but no error messages… some bif files were created…

but with -v logging the log are emty…