Rclone v1.65.0 release

FYI -

it has been already tracked and hopefully will be fixed soon

1 Like

I have been using it for the last few days without any major problems - I think it could be merged into master - especially that it is marked now as experimental so some rough edges are expected.

Thanks for testing.

I've merged that to master now and it will be in v1.65.1

Related to this release, testing nfsmount on macOS (Sonoma/14.1.x) is giving thousands of AppleDouble errors ("._" resource-fork/shadow-files) and .DS_Store (folder view config) errors in the log, not to mention that most file moves and copies into the mountpoint fail.

Reads and access outside of any writes do work quite nicely.

Would this be a good thread to post a brief excerpt, or should I start a new thread here on nfsmount and tag anyone in particular?

As a preview of the nfsmount error:

My incantation:
rclone nfsmount --vfs-cache-mode full --filter-from "/Users/<user>/.config/rclone/rclone-filter-rules.txt" OD: ~/MOUNT-OneDrive --verbose

My filter rules:

- **/.DS_Store
- **/.hidden*
- **/._*

The errors (excerpts) of both problems:

Problem #1: it appears that the filter rules are not respected(?)

NOTICE: NFS Server running at 127.0.0.1:55165
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._.
[ERROR] call to 0x106<###> failed: No such file or directory
[ERROR] No file for lookup of .hidden
[ERROR] No file for lookup of .DS_Store
[...]
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A8214.JPG
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A8215.JPG
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A8196.JPG
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A8216.JPG
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A8197.JPG

[repeat approx 7200x times]

Problem #2 (major) : all files attempting to copy from Finder into the nfsmount fail... it is not possible to write from Finder, however simple operations like touch and cat from a shell do write properly.
Details:

[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._GH010215.mp4
[ERROR] call to 0x106<###>  failed: No such file or directory
INFO  : SdT-Inboxes/GH010215.mp4: vfs cache: removed cache file as file deleted
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A7976.JPG
[ERROR] err loading attrs for SdT-Inboxes/GH010215.mp4: file does not exist
[ERROR] No file for lookup of ._7F2A7977.JPG
[ERROR] err loading attrs for SdT-Inboxes/GH010215.mp4: file does not exist

(And confirming that the copy into the mount did fail, checking with Finder, ls -hAls, and even OneDrive webUI... and that the file does not actually already exist.)

I'm happy to make a new thread if that's more helpful to the project. :slight_smile: My plan is to extensively test (and use!) nfsmount on macOS on my personal and family computers!

1 Like

Maybe I am looking into wrong place but I can't see it in master yet...

Just so i am understanding --vfs-refresh correctly, my current rclone mount systemd file which i use for streaming has the following line
ExecStartPost=/usr/bin/rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --url http://localhost:5572 _async=true
So now, i can just remove this line and simply add --vfs-refresh in flags and it will work exactly the same right ?

Yep, that is my understanding.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming, lastly just gotta check if it starts and runs in background & doesn't actually wait for it to complete just like our systemd command does

Sorry, forgot to push - it is now!

I think it would be best if you made GitHub issues for each of those problems and I'll bring them to the attention of the original developer - thank you!

1 Like

I'm very interested in this flag, can you clarify the behavior ?

It's in the docs:

--vfs-refresh                            Refreshes the directory cache recursively on start

It crawls the mount and builds the directory cache on startup replacing the need to run rc and spawn a refresh.

so what you are saying is that this is not needed anymore?

rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --fast-list --rc-addr=localhost:5572

to refresh the cache?

Yep, it just does that same refresh as we did with the rc command so the rc command in that regard is not needed. I wonder if we can clean up the docs a bit.

so if I start a mount with --vfs-refresh it will build all the cache preemptively ?

Yes, it basically run the same refresh command that we executed via rc after the mount.

This is very good but i still think should be make more clear

Done :slight_smile: I've made a new issue for the nfsmount block at: nfsmount — not functional on macOS for writing files to OneDrive via Finder · Issue #7503 · rclone/rclone · GitHub

2 Likes

Note that an update to the release v1.65.1 is now available at Rclone v1.65.1 release