Rclone v1.46 release

doesn’t have anything to do with memory. He’s talking about storing the file locally on disk on his machine.

Memory is most impacted by what you set the buffer-size to.

oh gotcha, so --vfs-cache-max-size only comes into play if you are using anything > vfs-cache-mode off and you opened the file for RW?

No, it has nothing to do with the vfs-cache-mode.

When you open a file, it requests a chunk of that file based on these settings:

--vfs-read-chunk-size SizeSuffix         Read the source objects in chunks. (default 128M)
  --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit SizeSuffix   If greater than --vfs-read-chunk-size, double the chunk size after each chunk read, until the limit is reached. 'off' is unlimited. (default off)

By default it’ll request a 128M chunk of the file to read if you leave them at the default settings and if it’s sequential, it doubles it along the way for reduced API hits.

Seems to me that you are doing rclone mount in nvidia shield. You should keep buffer-size to a small number like 88MB or so because of limited shield ram and the way android works. Note that you probably will experience slow plex scanning if you have a lot of Android apps because plex opens a lot of files during scanning so that’s roughly 88MB x number of files opened. Try to set scanning as lower priority in plex setting or set nice value.
If you upload from shield via rclone then you might want to use vfs cache max size respective to your shield internal or external drive size depending on where you set Vfs cache directory location.

Sorry it’s been a 12 days testing phase now, instead of 7 days.

The use mmap variable significantly improved the memory handling. It’s much more stable now. And my issues I had before with my memory are gone.

Thanks a lot for this update!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thanks for testing.

Hi,

I have an GSuite Account with one user and with rclone v 1.44 & 1.45 i can use --drive-impersonate without any problems. But in version 1.46 it doesnt work anymore.

With v 1.46 i get the following error:

rclone ncdu --fast-list --drive-impersonate user@domain.com GDC:

2019/02/26 13:22:49 Failed to ncdu: ncdu directory listing: ncdu listing failed: Get https://www.googleapis.com/drive/v3/files/root?alt=json&fields=id&prettyPrint=false&supportsTeamDrives=false: oauth2: cannot fetch token: 401 Unauthorized
Response: {
  "error": "unauthorized_client",
  "error_description": "Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested."
}

What has changed in the current version, do I have to set something else?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Expello

Does the exact same command still work with v1.44 and v1.45? How about the latest beta? If it doesn’t work with the latest beta and does work with v1.45 then please make a new issue on github - thanks.