Rclone-v1.39 - rclone-v1.39-025-g60afda00 Speed

Can’t get rclone-v1.39 - rclone-v1.39-025-g60afda00 over brandwide 2Mbit and no limited set…to google teamdrive

I am currently moving my files from ACD to Gsuite and the speeds aren’t as good as on ACD.
I’m using rclone sync to sync the acd drive to google and the speed max out at 40Mbytes while averaging at 25-30.
In comparison: Uploading to ACD averaged at 60Mbytes

Don’t know if it is a limit from Google or if my VPS (VC1S, Scalewy) is just overloaded with decrypting/encrypting.

You should be able to tell that by using top or similar to see how the CPU is doing…

Then probably it’s the CPU… top is showing between 100 - 200% CPU load.

What kind of CPU is that and how many cores?

It’s a Avoton C2750 (Intel Atom) and 2 vCores.

I wonder if that has AES offload…

There are two type of encryption trying to eat your CPU

• SSL encryption (usually AES) for the connections to the cloud provider
  • Encryption in crypt (pretty fast normally)

Don’t really know what you mean with “AES offload” but if you mean AES hardware acceleration, then yes it should have it - at least according to Intel’s information -> https://ark.intel.com/en/products/77987/Intel-Atom-Processor-C2750-4M-Cache-2_40-GHz

Yes I meant AES acceleration…

Not sure what to suggest to improve things…

It is a Intel Core i7-3610QM (4 cores and 8 logic processor) and 32GB Ram on a fiber line 300/300Mbit/s

Even rclone-v1.38 only copy with under 2 Mbytes/s now…

Normaly get’s about 30 Mbytes/s on copy…

Do you think this is something to do with rclone - does rclone 1.38 run faster? Or is the internet connectivity to the cloud provider?

Yes rclone 1.38 run faster right now 2.853Mbytes/s

Normaly get’s about 30 Mbytes/s on copy…

My speed test is 31.3/32.1 Mbytes/s on a 300/300Mbit/s

That isn’t a lot faster…

I susepct something network related…

Can you download files from teamdrive in your browser? How fast do they download? Or upload?

Make speed test, try to upload files to another cloud service.