Rclone v1.37 release

Thanks for that - I’ll put that in the docs.

Can this release be used to communicate with ACD like that alpha you released a while ago?

so… i’ve been using plexdrive for a bit after some bans, but would like to switch back to pure rclone…

is there some way i could set with the new --tpslimit and --tpslimit-burst, to keep from getting google drive bans?

thanks

OMG ncw I love you. I really, really, appreciate your work on this!!!

1 Like

Windows mounting runs very good and very fast for me - especialy dir list is fast as hell … very cool …

One Question : did someone manage to “share” the mounted drive LEtter under Windows ?

It brings up an error - ressource not available …

Any hint on that one ? 8)

Would be a great thing to share the ressource over SMB with Kodi … 8)

Greetings

@FoGBaV In general it is possible to share a drive created by WinFsp. However I have not tried this with rclone mount; it may be that rclone mount does not implement some necessary operation.

1 Like

Yes it can. You just need to use the amazon proxy linked to (indirectly) from the docs.

If you search on the forum for --tpslimit you’ll find a thread where people have been experimenting with just that.

1 Like

More than likely! Is there a doc about what needs to be done?

1 Like

I have thought a bit more about this and I am thinking that the real reason for the encountered error may again be related to the drive namespace issue that we discussed earlier.

I seem to recall that Windows cannot share a local drive (i.e. one that is only visible to the current user). The likely reason is that NetShareAdd requires administrator privileges. Recall that an elevated user sees a different drive namespace than the same user without administrator privileges.

The only way to make this work is to make the drive run under the SYSTEM account; drives created by the SYSTEM account are globally visible. Such a drive would also have to be a “disk” drive, “network” drives cannot be shared (I think). Rclone mount creates “disk” drives by default.

So it is doable, but the procedure is not documented (or easy).

1 Like

Thanks for that Bill. If anyone does achieve it then can they write it up in the rclone wiki and I can link from the mount docs.