Rclone Task Scheduler

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm using the below script to run rclone via task scheduler. Does it wait for the sync command to transfer all of the files and then wait 30 seconds and then restart? Meaning if the sync command finishes before 30 seconds it waits then restarts the command? If it takes longer than 30 seconds, what happens? I have task scheduler set to repeat this task every hour but would it be better to just run the task once and set the timeout in the script to 1hr (in seconds)? If i'm not misinterpreting that is.

:looper
rclone sync C:\Users\user\Desktop\ dbox:Desktop --log-file=rclonelog -vv --config C:\Users\user.config\rclone\rclone.conf
timeout /T 30 > nul
goto looper

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.57.0

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.17763.1879 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.17.2
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Dropbox

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone sync C:\Users\user\Desktop\ dbox:Desktop --log-file=rclonelog -vv --config C:\Users\user\.config\rclone\rclone.conf

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[dbox]
type = dropbox
token = secret

that is correct.

If that is the case is there any need to repeat the task in "windows task scheduler" every hour? (i did this because other posters did). Since once this script is started it will run indefinitely technically.

there is no need, as the script will continue to run indefinitely, until you kill it.

much obliged friend

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.