Rclone sync wants to re-upload complete folder

Hello rclone community,
I currently have to move my GSuite account.
Since it is two separate organizational units, I cannot simply move the data via the admin.
But I have found a "solution" and now I move the storage server-side to the shared drive of my new Google Account (there are no rate limits)
Everything works fine, the data is complete and the crypt storage can still be mounted without problems (now with the new account).

Unfortunately I encountered a problem that I can neither explain nor solve.
I have two folders which I synchronize daily locally (unencrypted) to my remote (encrypted) one. As soon as I start the sync (in dry-run) it suddenly wants to upload the whole local storage again.
First I thought it might be that the folders have a new modification date, because they have to be recreated (you can not move currently folders in an external shared drive) when moving to the shared drive (the files themselves still have the original modification date) and wanted to fix this with --refresh-times.But that didn't work either (not even with rclone sync --size-only or --checksum instead of --refresh-times)

Now I checked the storage with rclone cryptcheck and to my surprise it doesn't detect any missing data. Now I ask myself, what is wrong with rclone sync? I have been using rclone for over 2 years and I am an absolute fan of this software and never had any problems until today.
First of all a big thank you to the developers!

Maybe one of you has an idea where the problem might be and how to fix it.
I would be very happy about a help, because unfortunately I have no more ideas here.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

v1.53.2

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian 10

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

GDrive

The command you were trying to run

rclone sync
rclone cryptcheck

You'd have to include a log to see what the issue is.

Thank you very much for your answer,
I don't really think the logs will help, should I search for something special?

rclone sync will output this error for ALL files in the folder for example:
"2020/11/04 13:47:01 NOTICE: testfile123: Skipped copy as --dry-run is set"

rclone cryptcheck prints this for ALL files in debug for example:
2020/11/04 13:06:39 DEBUG : testfile123: OK
the whole process is finished without errors, so all files are fine as it seems.

rclone dedupe also doesn't give an error, respectively it doesn't find duplicates

You'd have to include the full debug log which has all the relevant information in it that's needed.

Sorry, I don't want to publicly post a log with all my files for privacy reasons. I hope for understanding.
But I just wanted to synchronize a certain sub folder and provide a part of this log.
I noticed something really strange:
I'm synchronizing for example the main folder /data/code
then he tells me there, for example:
"mobilerp/welcome.html: Skipped copy as --dry-run is set"
(cryptcheck says the file exists)

but now I go here and want to directly synchronize the subfolder, for example /data/code/mobilerp
Then he suddenly tells me there:
2020/11/04 14:18:05 DEBUG :welcome.html: Size and modification time the same (differ by 0s, within tolerance 1ms)
2020/11/04 14:18:05 DEBUG : welcome.html: Unchanged skipping
(cryptcheck says the file is also present here)

Now I really wonder what is going on here. When I sync the main folder he wants to upload everything again, but when I sync the sub folders one by one he says everything fits. nothing to do because already exists....

Sure, the problem is the debug log will tell me why and without seeing it, I can only guess.

I think I have found the problem.
Apparently google drive is a bit overwhelmed with my move. It seems to be a lot of small files that need to be re-indexed.
I will observe the whole thing. I wrote down the current number of failures and I will wait a few hours and see if something changes.
I noticed that the "owner" field is still empty by a lot of files. For these files, which can be found with rclone sync, the owner field is already filled out.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.