Rclone sync seems that copy and not make 1:1

Hi,

i use rclone sync, because i wish to make a copy 1:1 of my hdds, to team drive.

rclone sync /home/upload/ BACKUP_VOD:/ -P --fast-list --track-renames --v

This is the command, but --v is unknown flag, so i launch this trigger, without this flag.

I received an error:
Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded

1. Than i re-launch command and seems that works again, but i don't understand if i can avoid this error for sync.

2. And if sync command, works like expected, so make a copy 1:1 from source ( in this case is local source ), to destination ( my team drive )
    I say that, because i see in my team drive, that:

In source, new folders, are copied in destination, and in destination, old folder, still remain.
So i have a destination with new and old folder/files and not a copy exactly 1:1 ( source-destination)

rclone v1.50.1
- os/arch: linux/amd64
- go version: go1.13.4

Thanks for reading

Those aren't really errors as it's Google telling rclone to slow done. There is nothing that needs to be done really as you want high performance and some of those coming along is not an issue.

sync makes a 1 to 1 copy of the source to the destination. If you are seeing an issue, you'd need to share the full command you are running and the output of adding "-vv" on the end to get debug logs.

so remove the extra dash on the --v and make it

rclone sync /home/upload/ BACKUP_VOD:/ -P --fast-list --track-renames -vv

and share that output.

Hi An,

thanks to reply me, i launched command, running for now.

I Need to wait that finished ? And 'll be a debug txt (where, i didn't find a path)

For now i see:
2020-02-08 14:50:12 DEBUG : pacer: Rate limited, increasing sleep to 16.828212502s
2020-02-08 14:50:28 DEBUG : pacer: low level retry 4/10 (error googleapi: Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded)

So 403s are a bit confusing from the google side as they can mean two things:

1. If you hit 403s and they are sporadic, it's normal and just Google telling you to slow down
  2. If they are consistent, you may have hit your upload quota for the day which is 750GB. That resets ~24 hours.

You can use --log-file /tmp/rclone.log or something and you can put it to a file as well if there is too much on the screen.

Ok i understand a thing.

When command is running, copy, and then, compare folders and remove if needed.

So works like expected.

Now i can sync between my team drives in safe.

Thanks a lot as always

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.