Rclone services accounts how to mount?

Hello rclone

I am new to this and the forums, I am trying to get rclone working on my unraid server with service accounts following this guide:

I got everything setup and working in google drive, shared drive and service accounts connected to it there is just one thing I don't understand and that is this config in the rclone.conf:

[gdrive]
type = drive
scope = drive
service_account_file = /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/service_accounts/sa_gdrive.json
team_drive = TEAM DRIVE ID
server_side_across_configs = true

Specifically what is this file? sa_gdrive.json I have nothing like this generated in the Autorclone steps and how do I get it? Is there a guide in google cloud to create this file?

All help is very much appricated!

Best regards

//AquaRelliux

See:

https://rclone.org/drive/#service-account-support

Service Account Credentials JSON file path Leave blank normally. Needed only if you want use SA instead of interactive login.

Leading ~ will be expanded in the file name as will environment variables such as ${RCLONE_CONFIG_DIR}.

• Config: service_account_file
  • Env Var: RCLONE_DRIVE_SERVICE_ACCOUNT_FILE
  • Type: string
  • Default: ""

Does not tell me how to generate that file? I kind of want to understand that I am sorry but I am totally new to this I had to watch a guide on youtube in a language I did not understand to fill all the gaps in the other guides.

Did you click on the link I shared? It gives the steps which is why I linked it.

So it is this part I need I guess?

• To create a service account and obtain its credentials, go to the [Google Developer Console].
  • You must have a project - create one if you don't.
  • Then go to "IAM & admin" -> "Service Accounts".
  • Use the "Create Credentials" button. Fill in "Service account name" with something that identifies your client. "Role" can be empty.
  • Tick "Furnish a new private key" - select "Key type JSON".
  • Tick "Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation". This option makes "impersonation" possible, as documented here: [Delegating domain-wide authority to the service account]
  • These credentials are what rclone will use for authentication. If you ever need to remove access, press the "Delete service account key" button.

I dont understand why this is not a part of the other guides? I mean I auto generated 100 services accounts but I still need to create this one credential to use them all or?

I have no idea what other guides mean as you probably want to ask the person that made those guides.

You can use whatever service account you want to use as that's up to you. I use zero service accounts and just my regular user.

If you have something specific for that guide, you can ask the creator of the guide for some input as they wrote it.

If you've used this, you would ask the folks that support/maintain autorclone as that's not affiliated with anything here.

So even if I create 100 Service Accounts to be used for transfer I still only will use this one Service Account File in the reclone_conf? I used the guide I linked which refers to this one:

((REMOVED LINK))

We don't support nor condone what that project is doing as it's trying to bypass limits from Google so I removed the link.

Again, if you need help with that, contact the author.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.