Rclone rc and backend options

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I'm wondering about the relation between rclone rc and backend options, for example --drive-pacer-burst, --drive-pacer-min-sleep, etc.

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.60.1
- os/version: debian 11.5 (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 5.10.0-19-amd64 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.19.3
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

I've removed the rest of the template... Sacrilege, I know, but given that this isn't a question about a specific command, I can't provide 'the command you're trying to run' or a log snippet, and, at least to my knowledge, the config of the backend isn't relevant... Please correct and chastise me as is appropriate if I'm wrong.

My question: When running rclone rcd and interfacing with it, how and where should I specify backend-specific options?

I have a systemd service like so:

ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/rclone rcd \
	--rc-addr=0.0.0.0:5572 \
	--rc-htpasswd=/root/.rclone_web.htpasswd \
	--rc-enable-metrics \
	--config=/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf \
	--cache-dir=/mnt/scratch/rclone \
	--log-level INFO \
	--log-file=/var/log/rclone/rcd.log \

# Set global opts
ExecStartPost=/usr/local/bin/rclone rc options/set \
	--user 'rclone' --pass 'redacted' \
	--json '{"main": {"UserAgent": "rclone-gdrive", "Timeout": 3600000000000}, "mount": {"AllowOther": true}, "vfs": {"Umask": 2, "UID": 1000, "GID": 1000, "PollInterval": 15000000000, "DirCacheTime": 3600000000000000, "CacheMaxAge": 129600000000000, "CacheMaxSize": 322122547200, "CacheMode": 3}}'

# Mount remote
ExecStartPost=/usr/local/bin/rclone rc mount/mount \
	fs=gdrive-media-crypt:media mountPoint=/mnt/gmedia-cloud

I'd like to add some Google Drive-specific options such as --drive-pacer-burst, --drive-pacer-min-sleep, and so on, but I'm unsure where.

Should these be added to the initial ExecStart? Will they apply globally if added to the rclone rcd command? Or should they be added to the rclone rc mount/mount command?

Thanks!

You can specify backend specific options in many places!

You can put them in the config file as pacer_burst, pacer_min_sleep for a specific backend.

You can put them on the command line of the rclone rcd and they will affect all Google drive backends you mount.

Or you can pass them in as part of the connection string just for that backend.

ExecStartPost=/usr/local/bin/rclone rc mount/mount \
	fs=gdrive-media-crypt,pacer_burst=XXX,pacer_min_sleep=XXX:media mountPoint=/mnt/gmedia-cloud

See the rclone docs for the full list.

Thanks, Nick! This is really useful to know, much appreciated. I totally overlooked the precedence section in the docs beforehand :person_facepalming:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.