Rclone Onedrive speed

Hey guys quick question.

i am using rclone to upload 300gb from my Unraid server to encrypted Onedrive. It looks like it is going to take a week. It looks like it is only going 200k/sec. Is there a way to speed it up? i have 600/20 internet, so i was expecting about 2mb/s. Any help would be much appreciated.

What version are you using?
What command are you running?
Can you run the same command with -vv and share the output?

Need more info as Animosity says.
Seeing the contents of your rclone.conf would help too (but if you share this make sure to redact all sensitive information, such as clientID, clientsecret, token and driveID).

Are you transferring a lot of small files, large files or mixed?
If at least some of the files are larger I would recommend using
--onedrive-chunk-size 60M
or
--onedrive-chunk-size 120M
depending on how much memory you can afford to use. Each transfer (default 4) will be allowed to use this much memory for chunking, so 60x4=240MB for example. This will increase transfer efficiency on any files larger than 10MB (which is the default). Higher chunksize is better, but above 60MB the gains will be small, so don't go overboard with it.

Given how poor your tranfser speed is here, I kind of doubt this is the only problem however - unless you are transferring very many small files (in which case there is little that can be done about it due to server-side limitations). You should (on larger files at least) be able to achieve a little over 2MB/sec or a bit over 17Mbit/sec.

1 Like

hey guys, thanks for the quick responses. i am at work now but will try to remote into my server and get the information. the command i am running is:

rclone -vv sync "/mnt/user/Server Backups/keep" onedrivesecure:rclone. The files are all the family photos and videos we have over the last 15 years, my most important files. Mixture of 1000's of 5 mb pictures and a few hundred mb videos.

also, here is a screenshot, sorry it is from my phone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.