Rclone not deleting files, not removing folders

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Rclone is not deleting the files that need be deleted and is not removing the folders that need be removed, I updated to version 1.62.2 from 1.59.1 but there are no changes.
It started to act like this starting from the third week of March 2023, I searched the web and the forum but no similar issues were found, any of you has any idea what it might be? thank you!

Run the command 'rclone version' and share the full output of the command.

rclone v1.62.2

• os/version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 10.0.19044.2728 Build 19044.2728.2728 (x86_64)
  • os/type: windows
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.20.2
  • go/linking: static
  • go/tags: cmount

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

pcloud

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

sync

How would you like help?

updated the post pls see

Nothing really changed in the post.

Check your log. This is most likely caused by transfer errors which are stopping rclone running through the delete phase.

yeah I forgot to check there, the log says:
The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file.
not deleting files as there were IO errors
not deleting directories as there were IO errors

any solutions to this?

That's why we ask to share the log so we can help.

You need to fix this error

Then these errors will fix themselves

You can exclude the file if it is often in use or kill the thing using it.

I've noticed it started this errors since february 2023, these are files and folders I deleted on my system and rclone should delete them in the remote storage too, I restarted the os but nothing changes, I have no idea what to try to solve it...

hi,
at this point, we need to see a rclone debug log, as the answer should be inside that
--log-level=DEBUG --log-file=c:\path\to\rclone.log

SOLVED!
so there was a running program (time counter for projects) that unexplicably prevented rclone from deleting files and remove folders, can't really explain why as that program doesn't work on those files/folders.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.