Rclone move. How does it work exactly? If I have two identical directories in two different locations and I rclone move from one to the other, will the first one be deleted? (this is the behavior I want)

Rclone move. How does it work exactly? If I have two identical directories in two different locations and I rclone move from one to the other, will the first one be deleted? (this is the behavior I want) See the documentation says it only deletes if no errors. Is skipping due to already existing counted as an error or success in this case? I personally find the wording slightly vague. I’d guess this will do what I want, but I’ll ask first here.

Also while I’m at it, is there anyway to make rclone move do a CRC check after each transfer before deleting the source file?
This has to be possible because of this from the documentation page:
"
–ignore-checksum Skip post copy check of checksums.
"
If I can ignore it, surely I can also not-ignore it, but well, is this just the default behavior or is there a different flag that enables it?

Yes, this is exactly what move does. It ensures that the source and destination are equal using the specified comparison options. By default it compares modification time and size.

To enable comparison by checksum you can use the --checksum flag:

-c, --checksum  Skip based on checksum & size, not mod-time & size

The word Skip is a bit misleading here. it means rclone will skip the copy of a file, if the checksums of source and destination are equal.
The used checksum algorithm is determined by the used remotes. The overview of cloud storage systems lists the supported hash functions for each remote. If the source and destination have at least one hash function in common, move will use it to to ensure equality.

so --checksum is checksum BEFORE copying? and by default move always checksums if possible afterwards?