Rclone move hit the Gdrive API Limit

If you are seeing drive.file.create fail at 100% and you are seeing 403s, you hit your upload quota. You just gotta wait it out.

There isn't anything 'bad' about that as I hit it here and there when I upload overnight. You just have to wait 24 hours or so and it clears up.

You can't really do much else and you can't check your upload, but if you have that specific error and that pattern, you hit your quota for the period and you have to wait it out.

The period can be max 24hrs, it can be less too. But I’m pretty sure I didn’t hit 750GB, although I’ve been uploading multiple files in multiple computers, simultaneously (with different Client ID/Secret). I’m blaming that.

What is happening here?

agneev@recovery1:~$ rclone copy -P *.log media:
2020-01-30 20:51:46 ERROR : media2.log: Failed to copy: googleapi: Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded
2020-01-30 20:51:46 ERROR : Attempt 1/3 failed with 3 errors and: googleapi: Error 403: User rate limit exceeded., userRateLimitExceeded
Transferred:       26.767M / 15.497 MBytes, 173%, 758.066 kBytes/s, ETA -
Errors:                 0
Checks:                 0 / 0, -
Transferred:            0 / 1, 0%
Elapsed time:       36.1s
Transferring:
 *                                    media2.log:900% /1.409M, 718.467k/s, -^C

You'd need to run the same command with -vv -dump responses

and share the output.

Most likely, you hit your quota.

BTW: here you can see, i can't reached the upload maximum. But i got also the same issues Yesterday.

I'm not sure what you are asking or what that is showing other than some files are being uploaded.

You get 403s when you request more than your API quota per second/100seconds/etc or you upload too much in a 24 hour or you download too much in a 24 hour period.

The first is normal and happens here/there and depending on the command being used can be addressed.

The second/third are daily quotas and you can't do much about that other than stay under them. If you aren't sure what you are hitting, you can dump bodies and share the logs or not.

It's up to you.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.