Rclone mount weird behaviour

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

So I'm using sonarr and it can access the mount with correct permissions and everything, but sometimes when something gets upgraded to another version the file gets deleted before the upload like normal and the new file starts to be uploaded however sometimes the file does not get uploaded and the transfer just fails like it never happened, with some testing this seems to happen when the file gets replaced by an exact copy of it or similar like missing subs.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.54.1

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.8

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 20.04 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone mount --user-agent="jX3rLAY" --drive-chunk-size=256M --config=/mnt/shared/config/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other --gid=911 --uid=911 --log-file=/mnt/shared/config/rclone/rclone.log --log-level DEBUG gmedia: /mnt/shared/fusemounts/rclone

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

Just standard config without any addons

A log from the command with the -vv flag

Some pointers
1st normal upload (Not upgrading) starts at around 15:47:03 and ends at around 15:49:03
2nd upload (upgrading 1st upload) starts at around 15:50:02 and ends at around 15:51:13

Anyone? The issue seems to be deleting the remote file and instantly uploading it after I'm not sure if that is a issue on my end or google or rclone.

What do you mean by "deleting the remote file" - you deleted it on the google drive interface?

What is the issue? I can't see any errors in the log.

Can you give a series of simple steps to reproduce? Can you reproduce it without sonarr?

Thanks for the reply.

The process is all done by sonarr the deleting and the upload.

The issue is that when sonarr upgrades a file, it deletes the file like normal but the upload for some reason happens but the file doesn't show up in the google drive interface and the plexdrive mount, and on the mount itself the file just disappears.
Looking at sonarr logs it does not indicate that sonarr is deleting the file after upload.
The weird thing is that this only happens sometimes with no apparent pattern.

The steps to reproduce would be download a file in sonarr and have sonarr upgrade it to another file.
As for reproducing without sonarr I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: First download and other features are working normally just upgrading existing files.

Many thanks!

Thanks for the explanation. I've looked through your log again and I can see what you mean now.

Sonar deletes the file then uploads it.

It does that twice for some reason.

Everything looks OK - I can't see a specific problem.

Can you try --vfs-cache-mode writes? I suspect that will fix it.

Thank you for that, It would seem that the issue has been fixed with even using minimal instead of writes.

Again thanks for the help!

1 Like

Great! The higher you set the --vfs-cache-mode the more "compatible" the mount becomes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.