Rclone Mount to Plex

kinda of confusing, using two mounts.
for testing, as i suggested, use /media/Multimedia/

cannot read the tiny text screenshot.
as requested, please copy/paste text into forum post.

did you enable allow other on your system, in /etc/fuse.conf

I have tested with /home.
The path /media/Multimedia are the right one.
root@vmd122137:~# rclone mount ftp:files/Filme /media/Multimedia/ -vv --allow-other

I can see files per Putty:
"root@vmd122137:~# ls /media/Multimedia/
65.2023.German.1080p.DL.DTS.BluRay.y264-HQM
Act.of.Valor.2012.German.DL.PAL.HD2DVD.DVDR-Braunbaer
Air.Force.One.German.1997.DL.BDRiP.x264.iNTERNAL-NGE
Ambulance.2022.German.DL.AC3.Dubbed.1080p.WEB.h264-PsO
Becky.2020.German.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264-ROCKEFELLER
Black.Widow.2021.German.AC3.5.1.DVDR-OJ
Der.Oelprinz.German.1965.AC3.BDRip.XviD.INTERNAL
Der.Super.Mario.Bros.Film.2023.German.TS.MD.AC3.1080p.x264-Sneakman
Dune.2021.German.AC3.DL.1080p.WebHD.x265-FuN

The Plex User have right of the Path /media/Multimedia.
But I still can't see or add anything in the Plex.

mhh here is no /Multimedia Directory

Check if Plex user has access to this mount. I see you use root all the time which can easily lead to issues like this.

If Plex user can see all files and folders in your mount than you should contact Plex forum for advice as it has nothing to do with rclone.

The user has the authorization, but I don't see the /media/Multimedia in Plex or the folder/drive

You never answered this question...

You need to edit that file and remove the comment before user_allow_other and re-run your mount command

That's not quite the case. If you try to use allow-other and it's not configured in fuse.conf, it won't mount/load as it will complain about that.

@dexx - You have share all the details and what you've done/changed as I can't follow what you are even trying to do at this point with what remote.

The config in /etc/fuse.conf is so:

GNU nano 4.8                                                                       /etc/fuse.conf
# The file /etc/fuse.conf allows for the following parameters:
#
# user_allow_other - Using the allow_other mount option works fine as root, in
# order to have it work as user you need user_allow_other in /etc/fuse.conf as
# well. (This option allows users to use the allow_other option.) You need
# allow_other if you want users other than the owner to access a mounted fuse.
# This option must appear on a line by itself. There is no value, just the
# presence of the option.

user_allow_other

# mount_max = n - this option sets the maximum number of mounts.
# Currently (2014) it must be typed exactly as shown
# (with a single space before and after the equals sign).

#mount_max = 1000

I can now also start the search in Plex, but I get error messages in the Plex console:

Couldn't get size of file "/sys/module/drm/holders/ttm/holders/drm_ttm_helper/holders/drm_vram_helper/holders/ast/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/0000:04:00.0/subsystem/devices/0000:1b:00.0/host0/target0:0:42/0:0:42:0/scsi_disk/0:0:42:0/device": boost::filesystem::file_size: Symbolic link loop [system:40]: "/sys/module/drm/holders/ttm/holders/drm_ttm_helper/holders/drm_vram_helper/holders/ast/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/0000:04:00.0/subsystem/devices/0000:1b:00.0/host0/target0:0:42/0:0:42:0/scsi_disk/0:0:42:0/device"

and this:

IsDirectory failed boost::filesystem::status: Symbolic link loop [system:40]: "/sys/module/drm/holders/ttm/holders/drm_ttm_helper/holders/drm_vram_helper/holders/ast/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/0000:04:00.0/iommu/devices/0000:85:09.4/subsystem/devices/0000:1b:00.0/host0/target0:0:41/0:0:41:0/block/sdaf/subsystem"

Activity: updated activity 7433d96e-343e-4f5f-90b6-8be9185d0e6f - completed 58.0% - Scanning Filme
Scanner: Processing directory /sys/module/drm/holders/ttm/holders/drm_ttm_helper/holders/drm_vram_helper/holders/ast/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/0000:04:00.0/drm/card0/card0-VGA-1/ddc/device/subsystem/devices/0000:1b:00.0/host0/target0:0:9/0:0:9:0/scsi_disk/0:0:9:0 (parent: yes)

and then come the fail:

IsDirectory failed boost::filesystem::status: Symbolic link loop [system:40]: "/sys/module/drm/holders/ttm/holders/drm_ttm_helper/holders/drm_vram_helper/holders/ast/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/module/drivers/pci:ast/0000:04:00.0/drm/card0/card0-VGA-1/ddc/device/subsystem/devices/0000:1b:00.0/host0/target0:0:9/0:0:9:0/scsi_disk/0:0:9:0/device"

I think your main problem here is your trying to use a ftp connection plex does not like ftp and even windows can be funny when mounting to ftp

To check if it is rclone or not why not try to mount the folders using the map network drive in windows and enter the location and mount it and use a drive letter then try adding the drive letter to plex as long as it’s on the same network
Something like \tnas\usbshare8 if not then add a network location such as \server\share but I would avoid using ftp or similar protocols

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.