Rclone mount point is unresponsive after few hours

Hello,

I'm using rclone to create a mount point with a vfs cache and crypt on jottacloud.
I use kopia to backup all my data to the mount point and the mount point is from time-to-time unresponsive after several hours, please see the details here-below.

rclone version
rclone v1.59.1

• os/version: arch (64 bit)
  • os/kernel: 5.19.2-arch1-1 (x86_64)
  • os/type: linux
  • os/arch: amd64
  • go/version: go1.19
  • go/linking: dynamic
  • go/tags: none

rclone config
[jottacloud]
type = jottacloud
configVersion = 1
client_id = jottacli
client_secret =
tokenURL = https://id.jottacloud.com/auth/realms/jottacloud/protocol/openid-connect/token
token = XXX
device =
mountpoint =

[jottacloud-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = jottacloud:sirocco
password = XXX
password2 = XXX

The setup
kopia snapshot + traffic shaping at 20MB/s --> rclone crypt mount with (vfs RAM disk of 5G) --> rclone jottacloud
I use this setup because if I directly use rclone from kopia or if I use a mount point without vfs cache, the transfer speed is very slow (about 5MB/s).
I shaped the output of kopia to be sure I never saturate the RAM disk (RAM disk usage is kept between 1GB and 2GB).

I can use this setup for hours but from time to time the mount point becomes unresponsive.
Kopia is stalled and is unable to copy any data to the mount point.
I'm unable to "cd" in a subfolder of the mountpoint or "ls" in a subfolder of the mount point.

rclone command
rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode full --vfs-cache-max-size 1G --cache-dir /mnt/tmpfs -vv --log-file=/tmp/rclone.log jottacloud-crypt:/ /mnt/jottacloud

last 1000 lines of the log
https://pastebin.com/raw/YiZvVU67

details about the logs
Up to 01:46:47, files were copied by kopia into the mount point, then it's stalled
08:13:14, I did ls in the mount point, it seems ok (the content of this folder never change over time)
08:13:22, I did ls in a subfolder of the mount point, the command ls is stalled, no output

I'm unable to figure out where is the issue.
Do you know what's happening ?
Thank you for your help

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.