RClone mount not recognized in Emby library

Hi All,
Firstly, thank you for any help you are able to provide. I've been trying to get this working for 4 days and it's driving me crazy. I'm new to Linux so please bear with me.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have a AWS instance running Ubuntu 18 and a virtual Google Drive mounted to /gdrive using rclone which works fine. I can navigate through the files in the /gdrive folder using the Linux terminal as expected, great.
The issue I'm facing is when I navigate to http://localhost:8096 and chose the "Add media library" option, it cannot see the folder /gdrive. If I then un-mount my google drive from the gdrive folder, emby library can now see the folder and adds it to the library. So in a nutshell, emby can't see the folder /gdrive when rclone is mounted inside it.
I have used the following commands to ensure the folder is readable by everyone, and changed to owner to the emby user, but still no luck.

chown -R emby:emby /gdrive
chown emby /gdrive
chmod 777 /gdrive

ls -la shows the following
drwxrwxrwx 2 emby emby 4096 Dec 6 15:42 gdrive.

It must be a permission issue, but I can't think what it could be.

If anyone could help, I would be so grateful.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.50.2-076-g0d10640a-beta

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Ubuntu 18

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

You didn't share your mount command.

You most likely need to add --allow-other

Thanks for your reply, the mount command I used is below.
rclone mount gdrive: /gdrive

I didn't use the, add - - allow-other, like you mentioned.
How would this be included in my command?

Much appreciated, Kelv

Just add it on the end:

rclone mount gdrive: /gdrive --allow-other

Excellent! That works :slight_smile:
Thanks very much

The only other thing than defaults, which helps since Google Drive does polling is using a large dir-cache time. The default is pretty low. I use this:

--dir-cache-time 1000h

What that means is once you list/use a directory, it keeps the directory and file information in memory. By default, rclone will poll for changes and pick them up every minute so there is no downside to having a large value there.

You can even make the polling something smaller like 10 seconds if you had a lot of changes going on outside of rclone.