Rclone mount file manager pre-cache

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

N/A

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

windows 7

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

google drive

is there anyway we can make pre-cache of file manage? like in background rclone will auto cache the filemanage so it will take less time to access? whenever a new file upload and i want to access the file manager/folder it takes me 5~6 sec to load.

You didn't include what command you are running so it is really tough to answer.

You didn't include a log file either so it's hard to tell why it took 5-6 seconds to do whatever.

my bad sorry. i have around 64GB ram. so if require to add kindly suggest me. half of the command i don't know i copied from somewhere

rclone mount "Final:/" Z: --cache-dir "D:\Download\mount\cache---FinalRclone_VFS_Cache" --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-poll-interval 50m --vfs-cache-max-age 8760h --vfs-cache-max-size 1024G --attr-timeout 8700h --dir-cache-time 8760h --poll-interval 30s --allow-other --multi-thread-streams 0

if you want to pre-cache the mount so access via the file manager will be quicker,

take a read of this post
https://forum.rclone.org/t/google-drive-plex-windows-10/19149/5?u=asdffdsa

also, try adding --network-mode the mount command
https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_mount/#mounting-modes-on-windows

1 Like

thank you for the reply. i am bit confused about the vfs refresh command. how should i run it?
i tried to add remote name but did not work.

You'll want to add --rc to your mount command and then run something like this:

rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --drive-pacer-burst 200 --drive-pacer-min-sleep 10ms --timeout 30m --user-agent *******

1 Like

don't i have to set any path? i tried your command here is the output

Did you add --rc to your mount command? Like this:

rclone mount "Final:/" Z: --cache-dir "D:\Download\mount\cache---FinalRclone_VFS_Cache" --vfs-cache-mode writes --vfs-cache-poll-interval 50m --vfs-cache-max-age 8760h --vfs-cache-max-size 1024G --attr-timeout 8700h --dir-cache-time 8760h --poll-interval 30s --allow-other --multi-thread-streams 0 --rc

1 Like

with --rc how can i run two mount drive using two remote name? i think it's using port access. rclone allowing to mount only one drive using --rc. probably a off topic for this support topic. not sure if i am allowed to ask here.

so every time i want to pre cache fast i have to run this command right?

thank you so much for helping me out.

Yes, you'll have to use different ports. See here for more details on remote control:

https://tip.rclone.org/rc/

1 Like

if i have two mount drive and i run vfs/refresh command will i get result output "OK" only once or twice?

after i added two mount using port number and vfs/refresh command gave me output result "OK" only once

I've never used it on more than one mount, but if I'm not mistaken, you'd have to run two separate refresh commands, each referencing one particular mount.

1 Like

got it, thank you so much.

I was interested in how I could have vfs refreshed all mounts even if they don't have --rc enabled. Guess that is not possible.

need to use a unique port for each rclone mount command, simplified command examples.
rclone mount remote01: x: --rc --rc-addr=:6001
rclone mount remote02: y: --rc --rc-addr=:6002

to refresh each mount, simplified command examples
rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --rc-addr=:6001
rclone rc vfs/refresh recursive=true --rc-addr=:6002

not sure, might be able to use rclone rcd
and
https://rclone.org/rc/#vfs-refresh

so like what you said.

I can have systemd run a rclone rcd --rc-serve command.

And then form there I can mount with rclone rc mount/mount and vfs/refresh as needed.

But since I do have quite some drives I would like mounted, to have them all use up a port is perhaps not what I want.

At the end I decided to not use the refresh anymore lol.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.