"rclone mount" fails with "-o timeout=: option not supported" on FreeBSD

When attempting to "rclone mount" with a known good config (i.e.: "rclone lsl" works as expected) I get the following:
a# rclone mount -vv b2-crypt: /tmp/fuse/
2020/04/27 12:34:03 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.4" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "-vv" "b2-crypt:" "/tmp/fuse/"]
2020/04/27 12:34:03 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2020/04/27 12:34:04 DEBUG : Encrypted drive 'b2-crypt:': Mounting on "/tmp/fuse/"
2020/04/27 12:34:04 mount helper error: mount_fusefs: -o timeout=: option not supported
2020/04/27 12:34:04 Fatal error: failed to mount FUSE fs: mount_fusefs: exit status 1

This looks similar to a post from November 18 on these forums titled "Failed to mount FUSE fs" (sorry I'm not allowed to link directly to it) but I am doing this as root and the fuse bug turned out to be a root-only restriction so I don't think it's the same issue.

Not-working system:
rclone v1.49.4

• os/arch: freebsd/amd64
  • go version: go1.13

I can mount the same remote to a Fedora 30 host:
rclone v1.48.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.12.5

Unsure if this is a FreeBSDism or a regression from 1.48 to 1.49. I'm attempting to mount a Backblaze repo.

Here's my heavily-redacted rclone.conf

[b2]
type = b2
account = redacted
key = redacted

[b2-crypt]
type = crypt
remote = b2:redacted
filename_encryption = redacted
directory_name_encryption = redacted
password = redacted
password2 = redacted

Both are older versions, can you try with the latest 1.51 and see?

Is there a standalone binary available for FreeBSD? This is on a FreeNAS box and the folks who run bugs on that project have pointed to rclone for a solution, but installing software on the platform is next to impossible without standing up a full development environment.

Ach, nevermind - it is standalone from the downloads page. Testing now...

Yep, right on the downloads page:

https://rclone.org/downloads/

Not sure that fixes it, but it's a starting point.

Yep, that was it. I'll take this back to the FreeNAS folks and request they include a current version in their distribution.

Nice. I knew their where from FreeBSDish fixes along the way. Happy it is working for ya!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.