Rclone mount access too slow

Cache doesn't impact banning. That was addressed years ago.

The listing of directories is slow because your metadata cache is expiring. That can be changed by increasing your --dir-cache-time to a really large number and letting the change tracking handle it.

Can you produce a test case with a debug log? I stream 4k with Kodi and many people do. It'll be a function of your peering, bandwidth, and resources.

perhaps instead of rclone mount
try https://rclone.org/commands/rclone_serve_dlna/
rclone serve dlna drive: --dir-cache-time=72h

And later how I access this drive?

rclone will create a dlna server, that any media app should see.
using vlc,

Hi, with kodi I can pley video but not with windows explorer...

for example

rclone mount --vfs-cache-mode writes --fast-list --dir-cache-time 1800m team:/ i:

??

thanks

have not used that in 8+ years. just terrible.

1 Like

This then seems more explorer related. There's plenty of posts talking about this. The initial post was a bit vague. I'm not a windows user though.

Another option instead of dlna is serve webdav/http. Then you can use in a browser or anything that can access http.

and what you use?, if you have a documents, docs, excel,...... and some video files record with the mobile for example??

thanks

you say:
"Cache doesn't impact banning. That was addressed years ago.

The listing of directories is slow because your metadata cache is expiring. That can be changed by increasing your --dir-cache-time to a really large number and letting the change tracking handle it."

many people post they are banned because of make many ask to google drive.. I dont know, and they say use plexdrive instead of rclone mount

other question, mounting with
--dir-cache-time=72h where save the cache windows? If I shutdown the pc and later switch on... the cache is saved?

thanks

I said cache vs "metadata cache". One is a cache backend and the other is a vfs cache.

The API banning was addressed years ago yet reddit and other docs persist this misinformation.

ok and this metadata cache if I put --dir-cache-time=72h or --dir-cache-time=72d will be stores aftes a windows reboot?

But if you make more than " Queries per day 1.000.000.000" will be banned by 24 hour? or not....

Then why people say have been banned by api google using plex server?.

thanks

No. It isn't persistent. You can prime it on boot with a script. Just run a recursive find command after it comes up. Or you can use the "rc" interface to do it.

If you can generate that much hits then let me know. :smiley:

JAJAJAJJAJA
I think it is impossible... but reading on forums many many people say I have been banned from google 24 hours due to ask because they use plex server.... It is false? or they have less idea than me :slight_smile: ?

Thanks.

No. Most people hit download limits on a particular file. And that's a quota issue for that file.

AA, but the limit for each file its too hig, not?.

there are other limit Queries per 100 seconds 10.000 , may be this limit could be overcome?, and if overcome this limit what happends?

thanks

are you able to stream videos now or is that still a problem?

really, do not worry about the api limits.

Rclone will just wait a sec.