Rclone heritate rights

Hello guys :slight_smile: i have a question for you ^^.

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

How can i set up "heritate rights" ? In fact i want to clone some folders / files and I would like them to have the same rights as the folder in which they are copied.

For example if i clone several folder in a folder name A with specific rights, i want that the folders I would like them to have the same rights as folder A

I hope that I was clear in my request, if this is not the case do not hesitate to tell me !

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone version 1.54.1

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

It's to clone files from a qnap to a netapp.

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone.exe copy --transfers 8 --filter-from "blablabla.txt" //serge/blablabla rclone_test_ftp:/blablabla

Thank you for your help !

Cloud providers have no concept right 'rights' which I think you mean permissions so rclone doesn't set them or do anything with them.

So I have to configure the rights via the parameters of rclone?
it's a bad news for me, but if i have no choice :confused:

thank for your answer !

I'm not following what you are asking as rclone doesn't do anything with permissions at all.

I'm guessing you are moving from a local file system to another local file system? If that's the case, you don't retain permissions with rclone as it's really good for cloud storage, which have no real concept of Linux/Windows permissions.

I would just like that when I clone files from my folder A (on the netapp) in the folder B (of the qnap), the whole tree will recover the default rights that we have applied to the folder B.
I don't know if it's related to rclone but when copying folders / files to folder B the rights are not the same as those for folder B.
whereas if I copy by hand the file in the folder B, the rights are indeed the same.
I don't know if I was clearer there ^^'

Rclone doesn't do anything with permissions as it's use case tends to be cloud storage.

If you are locally copying, I'd use another tool like rsync or any of the other tools out there.

Ok, thank for your help ! actually in normal copy it works, but FTP allows us to copy much faster (we want to clone a lot of files)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.