Rclone has been banned from Amazon Drive

I totally agree, I’m just looking for a good backup for my data I run raid6 at home but have had a few close encounters with bad drives etc… its just nice to have a encrypted backup save someone outside my home.

how is everyone transferring there data over from amazon to google, I just tried setting up acd_cli to be able to map the dirve and transfer data over to rclone(gdrive) but receiving the following error, maybe I’m on the wrong version of acd_cli?? or there’s an issue going on right now

7-06-01 13:27:41.595 [CRITICAL] [acdcli.api.client] - Error getting endpoint data. Response: {“message”:“Rate exceeded”}
Traceback (most recent call last):

The fact was that rclone had the encrypted API stuff in the code for folks to see. It wasn’t a Plex thing.

1 Like

acd_cli hasn’t been working for the past couple of days

Have sent my feedback, but I don’t believe they won’t ignore it :). Has anyone thought of migrating to Backblaze? Does rclone work with their personal plan? I have over 1TB and only Backblaze offers the same level of pricing for this volume…

Cheers.

I used Multcloud to copy over my data from Amazon to Google. Wasn’t the fastest in the world with the free account but seemed to work.

https://www.multcloud.com

I was using the latest acd_cli, but as others have said, it has died again. I’m back to using MultCloud, but even with a paid account, the speed is ridiculously slow. About 5MBps, whereas using acd_cli for the mount and rclone for the upload, I was getting about 70MBps.

Same here.

Paid month subscription, ridicolous speed (800kb/sec).

Wrote to support, nothing changed.

Cancelled Multcloud.

And Alex Phillips’ “Cloud Drive” (node app) has also stopped working for the same reason. He thinks that all third-party “not approved” apps have been denied access ( https://github.com/alex-phillips/node-clouddrive/issues/51#issuecomment-305605217 )

1 Like

Can data be uploaded to ACD via drivesink? I have nothing encrypted.

sure, until amazon revokes the drivesink api key

I have about 3TB of data currently on ACD. And another 3TB to upload from an old FreeNAS server. Looking for a permanent solution to ACD. Don’t need to sync, just upload. Anyone have any ideas?

does multicloud use there servers to transfer data? or does it route via your own connection, sine acd_cli isnt working anymore i’ve resulted to using a utility called cloudsync from bdrive (https://cloudsync.bdrive.com/) seems to be working well. Been running it for 7 hours and has copied just under 1tb so far, but its using my connection 250/250. Paid account was only $2 a month i have 24tb to send over anyone having any issues with larger files larger then 10gb i know with rclone there was some stipulations to downloading files over 10gb and setting up temporary URL links in-order to grab files. just as a side note how much data do most people have on google drive at this point with a single account?

Hello
Excuse for my bad english

For a changement of conditions the drive amazon i am toll a refund and it’s accept

If all linux utilisateur will to do else Amazon will autorize or programm a script for linux

Thank’s Amazon

If I had a security profile with all the permissions, then all I needed to do was to enter the client_id and client_secret in rclone’s configuration steps. Instead, I got an error back in my web browser about requesting an invalid scope. I didn’t want to go through the trouble of changing rclone’s source code to request some other permission scope. I disabled my Amazon LWA security profile’s URL redirect so that I could see rclone’s request URL in my web browser. You’ll see that rclone tries to ask for read all and write permissions. I just manually change the URL to try to request different combinations of permissions (e.g. write , read all, read other, read document, read video, and read image) with my web browser until I got a successful response from Amazon LWA. I re-enable the security profile’s URL redirect to point to where rclone’s listening on localhost:port and use the web browser to re-submit the successful request. This time rclone gets the new security token in the response and we’re done.

1 Like

I guess theres no more future for acd as a cloud service for linux purposes with amazon banning again acd_cli. I thought rclone would comeback when acd_cli cameback but by the looks of it, third party apps for acd is dead. Gonna call amazon tomorrow for full refund and go gsuite all the way from now on.

1 Like

acd_cli is still working for me.

Is it though? Are you using your own API info?

No, I just ran the acd_cli update and it was working again.

pip3 install --upgrade git+https://github.com/yadayada/acd_cli.git
pip3 install --upgrade --pre acdcli
acd_cli init

not work for me “rate excedded”