Rclone Google "Starred Files/Folders"

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Trying to Download all Google Drives Files/Folders Marked with "starred"

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.50.2-123-gae340cf7-beta

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.13.5

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Unraid/Linux

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive Team Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

I Used to run the command

rclone copyto Google3 /mnt/user/Home/CloudStorages/FromCloud --fast-list --use-server-modtime --bwlimit=15000 --stats=5s --progress --log-level INFO --log-file /mnt/user/Home/CloudStorages/Downloaded.log

I would mark Files (Add to my Drive) it would place a shortcut of the file in my root drive and have Rclone run on an Scheduled task to downloaded everything from the root of my google drive. but it appears i can no longer "use the add to my drive" from google so i am trying to use the starred Files and have Rclone download all files that are starred

Question
is there anyway to have rclone download only files/Folders that are marked with "Starred"

There is actually a pull request in progress with this feature :slight_smile:

Hopefully we'll merge that into the beta soon and release it in 1.52

1 Like

Maybe you could help actually...

On that PR we are discussing how the Starred files should appear.

Should they appear in a flat list (like when you search for them) or in a directory structure, so effectively your normal directory structure, but just showing the starred files.

This is actually really good news, I know personally I like the Folder Structure directory idea.
I will Have to Follow the development of this in Rclone.

Thanks for the response.
:smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.