Rclone : google drive : crypt

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Setting up encrypted google drive

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.52.1

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.14.4

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Synology NAS

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

[google]
type = drive
client_id = (REMOVED)
client_secret = (REMOVED)
scope = drive
token = (REMOVED)

[GoogleCache]
type = cache
remote = google:
chunk_size = 50M
info_age = 1h0m0s
chunk_total_size = 20G

[GoogleCrypt]
type = crypt
remote = GoogleCache:
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = (REMOVED)
password2 = (REMOVED)

then I try a test mount of:

rclone mount GoogleCrypt: /volume1/homes/admin/googledrive/ --allow-other --cache-db-purge --fast-list --poll-interval 1m

which all seems to work!

Now my issue is what is now supposed to happen, my expectation is that I copy a file to /volume1/homes/admin/googledrive/ it should automatically get uploaded to my Google drive (encrypted). The files seem to still be taken up the same amount of space on /volume1/homes/admin/googledrive/, so how do I know if it's actually working?

Thanks

HEADRAT

The cache backend is being deprecated so take it with a grain of salt on using it as there is a newer cache mode coming out.

You know it's working by checking the log file. That's the last part of the help template that was deleted as that shows what is going on. If you want to post a logfile, we can see.

Thanks, much to my embarrassment I don't know how to generate the log file, the instructions "A log from the command with the -vv flag" didn't really help me much, I've looked at the documentation but it didn't really help as it seems to assume I know how to generate a log.

Sorry

hi,
for any command, just add -vv to the command
so rclone ls GoogleCrypt:
becomes
rclone ls GoogleCrypt: -vv

and for what it worth, i would not use the cache backend.
it never left beta, has bugs that will never get fixed and soon to be depreciated.
and in all my years of using rclone, never found a reason for it.

https://rclone.org/cache/#status
"There are many docs online describing the use of the cache backend to minimize API hits and by-and-large these are out of date and the cache backend isn't needed in those scenarios any more"

It was actually all working I was just being impatient :wink:

At least I've now learnt how logging works so thanks for that and thank to you both for you replies.

Best Regards

HEADRAT

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.