Rclone Gdrive Mount - Resume upload / download

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I want to upload large files (3-10GB) via Rclone to my GDrive which i have mounted. I would like to copy them to the mounted GDrive and let Rclone upload them.
Here's the problem: I have a very slow upload speed and it takes me several days to complete the upload. Therefore i will restart my pc at least 2-3 times (not letting it run when i am not at home). Would Rclone be so smart and resume the Upload every time? If yes, what flags do i have to use in the "rclone mount" command?

Another Question i have: Where are the Cached files stored? Does the chunk size and the max chunk size play a role in resuming uploads?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.53.2

• os/arch: windows/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.2

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive (GSuite)

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

mount gdrcrypt: S: --vfs-cache-mode writes --poll-interval 1m0s  --config "C:\Users\CharlyRyzen\.config\rclone\rclone.conf"

**Using it as a Service, therefore pointing to the config**

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[gdr]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = ***
root_folder_id = ***

[gdrcache]
type = cache
remote = gdr:
chunk_size = 50M
info_age = 1h0m0s
chunk_total_size = 10G

[gdrcrypt]
type = crypt
remote = gdrcache:
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = ***
password2 = ***

A log from the command with the -vv flag

https://pastebin.com/Ki0qFkda  - Interesting that it shows something with my folder /Konto_Backups  although this folder has nothing to do with the config. It's not stored in there or anything... weird.

Thanks in advance!

hello and welcome to the forum,

as far as i know, rclone does not resume uploads, never saw a flag or forum post about that.
there is a backend called chunker, but i do not think it can do resume

it is not recommended to use the cache backend, as it is buggy, never left beta and is not maintained.
best to remove it unless you are 1000% sure you need it.

what is your upload speed as per a speedtest.net?

as a test, have you tried to rclone copy one file and compare the speed to rclone mount

Upload is 2 Mbit.

So i shouldn't use cache? I was just following a tutorial.

I haven't tried rclone copy / rclone mount. How can i check the speed while trying that?

https://rclone.org/cache/#status

but with that slow speed, really does matter.

why is that a problem?

I might just be better off with the gdrive file transfer client, am i?

I don't want to let it run when i'm not at home because i don't want to risk anything getting shortet or catching fire while i am not at home.
Maybe i'm going to buy a small Raspberry Pi which will constantly upload.

not sure i undertand about the fire risk from a pc as compared to a pi.

but we have many gdrive experts, one will stop by and comment

This tool supports resuming uploads, since you use Windows you can use it, I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.