So I’ve been going a little nuts on Ubuntu 18.04. I have a directory which thankfully is not media, so I don’t have any apps touching it on a regular basis. I noticed that in my ls output the directory had single quotes around it, and I thought it was getting renamed by rclone initially:
‘Photo Archive Slow’
Even though the directory’s name is Photo Archive Slow
I only noticed because rclone would not find the directory! Turns out coreutils was updated and the debian-based distros have changed how ls works. Supposedly the change “doesn’t break scripts” but I think it did for me. If rclone is using ls, there’s an additional switch to use (-N). The stat command works as expected. I’m not sure it’s a bug per se, but I thought I’d post about it since moving apparently this will be an issue.