Rclone data usage

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

Excessive data downloads

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10, 64bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

G-Suite

Hello, I'm working to help my father in-law track down some runaway data usage. He had 13.5TB's of downloads last month...yah. He believes some of it is a combination of Rclone and PLEX. PLEX settings were set to scan every 15mins, which is now changed to once per day. Having only watched 4 movies and 2 TV shows during this period, he believes Rclone is part of the problem as it shows as 1.7TB's, which does not match up with the 4 movies and 2 shows that he's watched. Is there anything with Rclone that would be generating more data traffic than one would easily calculate by estimating total sizes of all movies/shows watched?

thanks,

hi,
odds are it is a plex config issue, not a rclone problem.

but to know for sure, you would need post the other requested info.....

Rclone itself does nothing as it's just a tool and only serves what's being requested.

There isn't a rclone setting that causes downloads.

Scans don't download anything as they just refresh items in the plex database. It makes a few API hits if the items are already in the library. The first scan requires the item to be analyzed so the first scan of an item causes some download, but fairly minimal.

There are a number of plex settings that impact data usage and download a lot of things.

I have some settings I keep off here:

You'd want to check the plex settings identify the plex issue.

Thanks. I have the same setup Rclone/PLEX/G-Suite, and I'm at 3TB of data a month, 13.5TB!!...it can't be rclone. I'll track down his PLEX settings. Thanks.

it could be some kind of anti-virus scanner.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.