Rclone copy skips folders after restart

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have rclone copying files from a non-encrypted directory to an encrypted directory. If it's copying files from source:path/example 1.txt to dest:path/example 1.txt, but gets 80% copied, then the computer restarts, and I restart the job, rclone will continue, but bypasses that folder (even though the file was never fully copied) and moves onto the next folder. I end up with an empty folder and am left with dest:path/(nothing here), then rclone moves on to source:path2/example 1.txt copying to dest:path2/example 1.txt

For the settings, I have "skip files that exist." I did this because I don't want to recopy files that have already completed. I'm guessing this is why it's not re-uploaded but it seems like I'm doing something wrong. Will rclone go back to those empty folders once the other folders are finished or will I have to check each and every folder for missing files?

I would do sync but I don't want everything deleted after it's copied.

Should I unmark "skill files that exist" and do the "compare files" setting instead? Thank you for your help in advance.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Linux/Ubuntu 64 bit

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Copy

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

N/A

If you use rclone copy source: dest: and just re-run it, it'll automatically skip files that are the same in the source and dest.

Can you share what command you actually ran?

I'm using the Rclone GUI so I'm not sure the exact command for it. This is the command copied from the program:

/usr/bin/rclone copy --size-only --verbose --transfers 4 --checkers 8 --contimeout 60s --timeout 300s --retries 3 --low-level-retries 10 --stats 1s gdrive:Media gdrivecrypt:

Is it a bug of the GUI possibly?

What are you referring to when you say rclone GUI? Are running the rclone web GUI or some 3rd party program?

This one. Like I said, it could be the GUI I'm using. It's easier for me to navigate visually than by command.

But if I can just type "rclone copy gdrive:Media gdrivecrypt:" that'll be just as easy. I did try typing that into terminal but nothing happened.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.