Rclone can see files on both source and dest but wont copy or move

Rclone Version : 1.49.1

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

rclone copy --transfers 1 --progress seedbox:/files/Plex/TV plex_gdrive:Plex/test

A log from the command with the -vv flag (eg output from rclone -vv copy /tmp remote:tmp)

my log:

$ rclone copy --transfers 1 --progress seedbox:/files/Plex/TV plex_gdrive:Plex/test -vv
2019/08/30 06:00:07 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "--transfers" "1" "--progress" "seedbox:/files/Plex/TV" "plex_gdrive:Plex/test" "-vv"]
2019/08/30 06:00:07 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/hd11/a0lsucks/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2019/08/30 06:00:07 DEBUG : ftp://185.149.90.68:9979/files/Plex/TV: Connecting to FTP server
2019-08-30 06:00:08 DEBUG : ftp://185.149.90.68:9979/files/Plex/TV: Connecting to FTP server
2019-08-30 06:00:09 INFO  : Google drive root 'Plex/test': Waiting for checks to finish
2019-08-30 06:00:09 INFO  : Google drive root 'Plex/test': Waiting for transfers to finish
Transferred:   	         0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Errors:                 0
Checks:                 0 / 0, -
Transferred:            0 / 0, -
Elapsed time:          0s
2019/08/30 06:00:09 INFO  : 
Transferred:            0 / 0, -
Elapsed time:          0s

2019/08/30 06:00:09 DEBUG : 5 go routines active
2019/08/30 06:00:09 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.1" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "--transfers" "1" "--progress" "seedbox:/files/Plex/TV" "plex_gdrive:Plex/test" "-vv"]

The problem is this has been working fine, but im sat looking at files on my FTP and they are refusing to move or copy. its like rclone cannot see them.

rclone lsd seebbox:/anything

will list all files i want.

rclone lsd plex_gdrive:/anything

will also list all the files and where i want to copy the new files.

The problem is when i tell rclone to move them it does nothing.
this is what happens when i do a simple rclone copy.

rclone copy --transfers 1 --progress seedbox:/files/Plex/TV/ plex_gdrive:Plex/test
Transferred: 0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Errors: 0
Checks: 0 / 0, -
Transferred: 0 / 0, -
Elapsed time: 0s

thats it

can anyone help me?
I`ve had this work many times i moved about 100gb yesterday using it but it seems once its moved files once, it decides there's no files and refuses to move anything or copy but will happily tell me it can see both source and destination just wont do anything with them.

edit:

Just to test things i made a new folder on seedbox: called test and put a txt file in.
then i ran this command;

rclone copy seedbox:files/test plex_gdrive:/test2 -vv

and the file gets copied.

$ rclone copy seedbox:files/test plex_gdrive:/test2 -vv
2019/08/30 06:05:42 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.1" starting with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "seedbox:files/test" "plex_gdrive:/test2" "-vv"]
2019/08/30 06:05:42 DEBUG : Using config file from "/home/hd11/a0lsucks/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2019/08/30 06:05:42 DEBUG : ftp://185.149.90.68:9979/files/test: Connecting to FTP server
2019/08/30 06:05:43 INFO  : Google drive root 'test2': Waiting for checks to finish
2019/08/30 06:05:43 INFO  : Google drive root 'test2': Waiting for transfers to finish
2019/08/30 06:05:45 INFO  : test.txt: Copied (new)
2019/08/30 06:05:45 INFO  : 
Transferred:            1 / 1, 100%
Elapsed time:          2s

2019/08/30 06:05:45 DEBUG : 6 go routines active
2019/08/30 06:05:45 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.49.1" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "copy" "seedbox:files/test" "plex_gdrive:/test2" "-vv"]

i really don't get why it wont move anything else.

Like i had this has worked, it worked yesterday file using the same folder. The new test file worked fine but once i tell it to copy anything but that file i get nothing but this;

rclone copy --transfers 1 --progress seedbox:/files/Plex/TV/ plex_gdrive:Plex/test
Transferred: 0 / 0 Bytes, -, 0 Bytes/s, ETA -
Errors: 0
Checks: 0 / 0, -
Transferred: 0 / 0, -
Elapsed time: 0s

i've been pulling my hair for 3 hours today with this trying all kinds of folder locations, names etc with no result apart from a brand new test text file that moved fine.

If the files already exist in both places then it is perfectly normal for rclone to decide that nothing needs to be done and exit without error. commands to copy files where that file already exists and matches checksum (or size and modtime if checksum not possible) will simply be skipped by design as it would be senseless to re-do work that has already been done. If source files are non-identical they will of course overwrite still.

I would imagine you should be getting many check operations though even if you didn't end up transferring anything, so perhaps I am just misunderstanding what you mean here. I just need to make sure that it's not some trivial misunderstanding of what copy fundamentally does.

Can you try just moving one file or small directory to your local computer from seedbox with -vv and see what happens?

I have a suspicion this may be related to the FTP as it's not a well standardized protocol. Can you access logs for that FTP server see see if it reports anything going wrong?

thank you for the reply, no sorry if i wasn't clear they are new files on the ftp, that are being moved to gdrive.

They do not already exist on the gdrive, thats why i couldn't understand it wouldn't copy. But yesterday i copied loads without a single problem. Today it was doing nothing.

BUT!....weirdly.
Just before seeing my notification about this reply, I had just stumbled onto another thread about a totally different issue, their problem was brackets in the name. Weirdly i have about 800 files with brackets in the name, but the folder and files in question on the FTP had brackets. I have removed them and what do you know rclone did its thing and moved another 400GB without a problem.

So yeah brackets in filenames cause big problems, that's something i will keep in mind for the future.

My dumb luck i guess haha the only weird thing is, like i said almost all my files have brackets in the filename and yesterday it didn't care i've triple checked my gdrive and they all moved fine. How strange.

Either way thank you for your reply.

TLDR; Never use brackets in your filenames or folder names.

Could you link the thread? I'd be interested to be aware of any such issue.

That could be either an issue with certain variants of FTP (ie. spesific FTP server apps) or a flaw in rclone. If it seems likely to be a flaw in rclone a bug issue should be made on github if it does not already exist.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.