Rclone cache Question

I’m new to Rclone so I have some noob questions:

I have Windows 10 and set up Rclone mount with Nssm and the following argument:
“mount --allow-other --dir-cache-time 72h --drive-chunk-size 64M --log-level INFO --vfs-read-chunk-size 32M --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off gdrive: X: --config "C:\Users\ username .config\rclone\rclone.conf" --vfs-cache-mode writes”

I also set up a cache remote:
[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:/storage
plex_url = http://Localhost:32400
plex_username = USER
plex_password = *** ENCRYPTED ***
chunk_size = 32M
info_age = 1w
chunk_total_size = 10G

So If I already setup the arguments, so I need to use cache remote. Which one is better, and do I need to use both? Do I even need to set up a cache remote?

And for gcache path, what should I put for the path, like C:\path? Should I make a specific place on pc, or a place on google drive? And do I have to make a folder on google drive for cache that different from Storage space?

Also should I encrypt the entire google drive:
[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:

Or just a folder on google drive:
[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:/storage

And one last question: Can I just drop a folder/file into the mounted remote or I have to type a specific command to upload it to google drive? If it’s a specific command, what should I type?

Thank you in advance.

I would try without the cache first. The cache adds a lot of complication and it isn't very well maintained at the moment.

Do you have other stuff on the google drive? If so then you want to use a subdirectory.

You can drag and drop stuff to the mounted directory just fine. However uploading with rclone copy is likely faster and safer.

If I want to set up cache, what should I put for the path?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.