Rclone +cache +encrypt -g drive

Hello guys! I read 500 posts already about this topic but a lot of them seem to contradict eachother!

Should i use cache and if so can somebody point me to a good config for a plex 1080/4k server mounting g drive?
Does the cache point to the crypt remote?

I have 200mbit upload & download speed but the movies always have 5 sec delay when opening, after that jumping through the file is done instantly.

Can you guys please also give me a good mount config?

And i also can t find rclone.config but rclone config command shows all my settings alright!

hello and welcome to the forum,

to find your config file

rclone config file

what is your os?
windows or linux or what?

Thank you! Glad I found this place!

Windows

what version of rclone?
what version of winfsp?

latest versions on both! downloaded today

what version of rclone?
what version of winfsp?

rclone 1.51
sshfs-win-3.5.20024-x64 - winfsp

From what i could gather online i made this .bat file to mount

rclone mount crypt:/ e: --allow-other --dir-cache-time=48h --cache-chunk-size=64M --cache-chunk-total-size=20G --cache-info-age=40h --cache-workers=6 --cache-tmp-upload-path /home/rclone/rclone_temp --modify-window 1s --cache-chunk-path /home/rclone/cache_dir/cache_backend --cache-db-path /home/rclone/cache_dir/cache_backend --cache-dir /home/rclone/cache_dir --buffer-size=0M --volname Media --log-level INFO --cache-tmp-wait-time 15m --tpslimit 10 --vfs-cache-max-age=5m --vfs-cache-mode=writes

still not sure what version of winfsp you are using and on windows it matters.

have you tested that command?
does it work?

ok, i just found it's vers v1.6 (2020)

have you tested that command?
and if so, what is the problem?

I ran the command but it messes up all the copied files and it freezez when i try to browse the mounted drive.

I am not keen on using that, I switched to the basit mount.

I have 2 main questions:

1. Is it recomended to use cache?
  2. how do i use --vfs-cache because i see it mentioned everywhere?..and i guess it help

you should read this

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.