Rclone and Samba

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

When i try to access my GoogleDrive mounted with this command via rclone from Windows (SAMBA) i can only Delete and View files, if i try to copy something i have only one 0k file and a message unauthorized.

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone V1.54.0

• os/arch: linux/amd64
  • go version: go1.15.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Debian 10 Buster

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

Nothing, it's from Windows GUI

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

[GoogleDrive]
type = drive
client_id = 
client_secret = 
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"","expiry":"2021-03-04T18:14:08.359102785+01:00"}
team_drive = 
root_folder_id =

A log from the command with the -vv flag

DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.54.0" starting with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "GoogleDrive:" "/home/stefano/Samba/GoogleDrive" "--daemon" "-vv" "--allow-non-empty" "--allow-other" "--allow-root" "--attr-timeout" "1s" "--umask" "000"]
2021/03/04 17:47:53 DEBUG : Creating backend with remote "GoogleDrive:"
2021/03/04 17:47:53 DEBUG : Using config file from "/root/.config/rclone/rclone.conf"
2021/03/04 17:47:53 DEBUG : rclone: Version "v1.54.0" finishing with parameters ["rclone" "mount" "GoogleDrive:" "/home/stefano/Samba/GoogleDrive" "--daemon" "-vv" "--allow-non-empty" "--allow-other" "--allow-root" "--attr-timeout" "1s" "--umask" "000"]

hello and welcome to the forum,

kind of hard to help you, as you did not posted the requested info from the help template.

on the forum, i wrote a post about how to setup rclone and samba.
and there are other posts about samba.

@asdffdsa Thanks a lot for your reply :smiley:
could you tell me what other information do you need?
I think i have compiled all the form.

I will search your post also, i can't find for now

Best regards and really thanks a lot for your reply and help
Stefano

there are a bunch of posts, if you search for samba.
i am a windows user, not a linux user, so i had to fumble around.
in this post, i share the a webpage that i used.

Thanks a lot i will read this page, i have also readed in the forum but all the solution i have read won't work for me :frowning:

If i put -read-only i can't write because disk write protected error.
I don't know how can i fix this, i don't know if someone also have this problem.
What version of rclone do you have?

Best regards
Stefano

not an expert with linux and samba, but i used that link i shared and i got it working.
on the rclone page, that linux user shared his mount command, so make your command match his command.

--allow-non-empty, unless you are 1000% sure you know exactly what the does, do not use it.

Ok thanks a lot!! I will remove the allow-non-empty, can you link me the command of this people that work for you?

Really thank a lot for your help
Stefano

Finally i have found the solution!!! This Flag:

--vfs-cache-mode writes

This command writes the log in the user/.cache dir, if you have some problem check the .cache permission!

The command that works:

rclone mount GoogleDrive: local/path/to/mount--vfs-cache-mode writes --daemon --allow-other --allow-root

good, that you worked it out....

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.