RCLONE and G-SUite multiple users

Hello...thanks for the support with PLEX/RClone/G-Suite, awesome

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have my G-Suite storage linked to my Primary Ubuntu server and used the same config file to attach my Windows server to the same location. If I wanted to have other users connect to the same G-Suite storage but with Read/Only permissions, how would I go about this, is it a combination of G-suite user and changes in the Rclone config file?

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Windows 10/Ubuntu 16.04

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

G-Suite

you'd control that by sharing in gsuite. rclone just uses whatever credentials its supplied.

thanks, so I'd setup my users and there level of access in G-Suite and swap out the user/pass portion in the Rclone config file?

yes you'd share whatever you wanted with other users and then authorize rclone for those new accounts.

cheers, will give that a shot.

Here's where I'm at. In G-Suite, my Rclone data is in "My Drive\data\crypt". For a team Shared Drive I created "Shared Drive\data-shared\crypt".

Quesiton: If I move my data to the new Shared Drive, how can I get Rclone to connect (is this now a Team Drive), and are there any issues with the data itself by simply moving the from "My Drive-to-Shared Drive"

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.