Question about db_path = and chunk_path =

Trying to set a custom location for the above parameters, but for some reason it simply doesn't want to work.

Working version (can see gcrypt):
[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:
chunk_size = 32M
info_age = 7d
chunk_total_size = 20G
workers = 8

Non-working version (can't see gcrypt):
[gcache]
type = cache
remote = gdrive:
chunk_size = 32M
info_age = 7d
chunk_total_size = 20G
workers = 8
db_path = C:\Cache\gcache.db
chunk_path = C:\Cache\gcache

Is there a parameter missing from the second example?

I can't see anything obviously wrong with the config. Here is a working example for reference:

[TeamdriveCache]
type = cache
remote = Teamdrive:
chunk_size = 32M
info_age = 8760h
chunk_total_size = 10G
db_path = C:\RCLONE_DB
chunk_path = E:\RCLONE_CACHE
workers = 4

My best guess here is that you may not have deleted / flushed your cache and you are seeing some kind of old data because if it? it's an easy mistake to make if you are running a few different test setups. I'd try deleting the whole cache and DB folders and letting it reconstruct from scratch just to make sure it's not that.

EDIT: actually - i notice that you seem to try to point to a file in your DB path. I've always pointed it to a folder and the DB file will be put there. Not sure if that matters, but you may just want to shorten both to C:\Cache to test.

Stopped the nssm mount and deleted the entire C:\Cache folder

Changed the rclone.conf locations to C:\Cache and remounted nssm

I see the folders being created in C:\Cache ... but I still can't access either the cache or the gcrypt.

Bizarre ....

Have tried:

db_path = C:\Cache
chunk_path = C:\Cache
db_path = C:\Cache\gcache.db
chunk_path = C:\Cache\gcache
db_path = "C:\Cache"
chunk_path = "C:\Cache"
db_path = "C:\Cache\gcache.db"
chunk_path = "C:\Cache\gcache"

None want to let me access cache or gcrypt

Yet if I remove any reference to db_path and chunk_path in rclone.conf, it works ....

Has to be a path issue.

Any other ideas?

Figured it out: the nssm rclone mount owns the C:\Cache folder ... rendering it unwriteable to rcloneBrowser

I changed the rclone.conf to:
db_path = C:\Cache_rclone
chunk_path = C:\Cache_rclone

... and now it works :smiley:

Oh yea, that would make sense. You absolutely should keep the cache folders separate from the VFS folders as they are completely separate systems. Glad you got it sorted! :slight_smile:

Good to know for troubleshooting in the future: you can run your rclone with -v (verbose output) or -vv (debug output) to get more info. I think the output from either would probably have notified you of permission errors in this case.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.