Question about copy and rsync when using gdrive export formats

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

This is not a bug per se, but about the functionality of how rclone works. (I havn't attached the other sections of the templates as this isn't a bug)

I understand that when you copy a gdoc file, rclone will attach .docx so it can be saved locally. On my gdrive I have for example "report.docx" and when it's been opened by a user in google, google saves another file "report" So now there are two files with, "report.docx" and "report"

When I use copy or sync, I'll get the duplicate error which is expected. The documentation states that "testing by size and modification time " does this mean I can expect the file that was edited last to be the one that is copied/synced?

Now if I use dedupe function and for example changed "report.docx" to "report_1.docx", when a user opens that file google will create a "report_1" file and then I'll run into the exact same problem so I don't believe deduping is the correct answer.

If copy/sync does indeed just grab the latest version based on time then this could possibly be good enough for my use case.

Is there any better way to handle this?

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.