Putting cache between existing teamdrive and crypt

Hello,
so I use rclone with team_drive and there is a crypt on top of it. This setup works pretty well:

[team_drive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"...","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"...","expiry":"2019-04-30T15:43:25.522328555+02:00"}
team_drive = ..

[team_drive_encrypted]
type = crypt
remote = team_drive:/crypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = ...
password2 = ...

Now, I’ve read the documentation and the order when using crypt and cache should be teamdrive - cache - crypt.
So I created a cache and changed remote in team_drive_encrypted from team_drive:/crypt to team_drive_cache:/crypt so it looks like this:

[team_drive]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = {"access_token":"...","token_type":"Bearer","refresh_token":"...","expiry":"2019-04-30T15:43:25.522328555+02:00"}
team_drive = ..

[team_drive_encrypted]
type = crypt
remote = team_drive_cache:/crypt
filename_encryption = standard
directory_name_encryption = true
password = ...
password2 = ...

[team_drive_cache]
type = cache
remote = team_drive:
chunk_size = 5M
info_age = 1d
chunk_total_size = 5G

Unfortunately, If I mount team_drive_encrypted now, it gets mounted, but is empty. Once I change the remote in team_drive_encrypted back to team_drive:/crypt it starts working
is this the right way of doing this and I am just overlooking something? Or is this completely wrong? Any help appreciated!
command used for mounting: /usr/bin/rclone mount --allow-other team_drive_encrypted:/ /mnt/team_drive_encrypted
OS Ubuntu 18.04

Run the mount command with -vv and share the output of the mount command when you are pointing the cached crypted remote.

So, I might have been an idiot. I wanted to try again with -vv as suggested and it all works as expected, so I had probably some typo somewhere.
Thanks for the debug tip!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.