Problems with Onedrive Personal Ransomware Protection

Ahah nice, still got errors without filename encryption.

By the way my recents syncs did not triggered the ransomware protection.

Is it possible that this misfeature is randomly preventing file syncing withtout telling it to the user ?

It shouldn't because rclone does a status check of the uploaded checksum to verify it got there uncorrupted. If the file didn't upload then it wouldn't show. And I can verify files are getting uploaded simply enough :slight_smile:

% rclone ls OneDriveBackups2:godzilla | grep 20210417
      779 20210417._boot.6.gz_aa
     2851 20210417.log
564073514 20210417.root.6.gz_aa

That's this morning's incremental backup...

the OP and also in another recent post, are getting InvalidAuthenticationToken: Unable to initialize RPS with onedrive and crypt but you did not mentioned that about your situation?

so what do yout thnk, is the RPS issue related to the crypt or not?

OK, I think this thread has split a little. Encryption/obfuscation is tripping the "ransom-ware" disdetection, but I don't think this is related to the "RPS" issue, which I'm not seeing at all.

It's possible this might be a Microsoft Graph API issue; I see a similar question (unrelated to rclone) at com.microsoft.graph.http.GraphServiceException: Error code: InvalidAuthenticationToken Error message: Unable to initialize RPS - Microsoft Q&A which was asked yesterday and reports issues going back a week.

It may be a volumetric thing based on number of requests; my uploads are typically a few hundred 5Gb files, rather than thousands of small files.

Yes, you’re right. I marked one of your posts as « solution ».

I will create a second topic for this issue to keep things clear (it’s still going on).

Concerning the OneDrive ransomware protection, I think there is nothing to worry about, isn’t it ? It might trigger while using filename encryption but it does not prevent rclone to work.

I think it might be worth mentioning in the manual though. English is not my native language so I won’t even try to make a submission. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.