Problem with Docker-Plugin

Hi community,
thanks for having such a place, I hope I can find some answeres to my questions and maybe even a solution to my problem.

Here a quicky summary of my setup:

rclone v1.65.0
- os/version: debian trixie/sid (64 bit)
- os/kernel: 6.6.8-amd64 (x86_64)
- os/type: linux
- os/arch: amd64
- go/version: go1.21.4
- go/linking: static
- go/tags: none

Following the instructions in these docs, I successfully mounted it as a volume into a container without encountering any issues.

As my usual practice, I performed a "reboot-test" after making changes. Surprisingly, this time it failed.

The container, where I had previously mounted the GDrive folder, failed to start automatically. However, manually starting the container resolved the issue.

Upon another reboot attempt, the container once again failed to start. I suspect that the docker-daemon initiates the container, but the rclone docker-volume-rclone.socket or docker-volume-rclone.service is not ready. This becomes apparent when manually starting the container.

The current situation is as follows:

• Docker containers with a volume, implemented with the rclone plugin, do not start successfully on reboot.
  • The rclone plugin itself is functional, evidenced by proper container startups when initiated manually.

I am reaching out to see if anyone else has encountered a similar issue and if there is a solution to making Docker-compose wait until the rclone plugin is ready before starting this particular container. (Please refrain from providing time-based solutions.)

Best regards and thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.