Problem mounting drive on raspberry start

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

I have a rclone@service in raspbian that runs the commant each boot, the problem is that I cannot run two services at the same time, and I don´t know because in the past it was working for the 2 drives.

I create the services with the command systemctl --user enable rclone@plexcloud for plexcloud drive and
systemctl --user enable rclone@secret for the encrypted drive

then when I run the command: systemctl --user start rclone@plexcloud it works but when I run the command systemctl --user start rclone@secret I get the error.

[Unit]
Description=rclone: Remote FUSE filesystem for cloud storage config %i
Documentation=man:rclone(1)

[Service]
Type=notify
ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p %h/mnt/%i
ExecStart= \
  /usr/bin/rclone mount \
    --config="%h/.config/rclone/rclone.conf" \
    --allow-other \
    --allow-non-empty \
    --dir-cache-time 72h \
    --drive-acknowledge-abuse=true \
    --fast-list \
    --vfs-cache-mode writes \
    --vfs-cache-max-size 100M  \
    --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit 128M \
    --vfs-read-chunk-size-limit off \
    --umask 002 \
    --rc \
    %i: %h/mnt/%i
ExecStop=/bin/fusermount -u -z %h/mnt/%i
ExecStop=/bin/rmdir %h/mnt/%i
Restart=on-failure
[Install]
WantedBy=default.target 

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version)

rclone v1.51.0

• os/arch: linux/arm
  • go version: go1.13.7

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Raspbian buster

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

Google Drive

The command you were trying to run (eg rclone copy /tmp remote:tmp)

systemctl --user start rclone@plexcloud

The rclone config contents with secrets removed.

I have 2 drive setup, the plexcloud and the plex cloud encrypted directory
[plexcloud]
type = drive
scope = drive
token = XXXXXXXXX
team_drive = XXXXXXXXX
[secret]
type = crypt
remote = plexcloud:/encrypted
filename_encryption = obfuscate
directory_name_encryption = false
password = xxxxxxxxxxx
password2 = xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A log from the command with the -vv flag

rclone@plexcloud.service - rclone: Remote FUSE filesystem for cloud storage config plexcloud
Loaded: loaded (/home/pi/.config/systemd/user/rclone@.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Sun 2020-05-24 16:51:53 CEST; 6s ago
Docs: man:rclone(1)
Process: 21187 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p /home/pi/mnt/plexcloud (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 21188 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/home/pi/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other --allow-non-empty --d
Main PID: 21188 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

May 24 16:51:53 arale systemd[911]: rclone@plexcloud.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
May 24 16:51:53 arale systemd[911]: rclone@plexcloud.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
May 24 16:51:53 arale systemd[911]: Stopped rclone: Remote FUSE filesystem for cloud storage config plexcloud.
May 24 16:51:53 arale systemd[911]: rclone@plexcloud.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
May 24 16:51:53 arale systemd[911]: rclone@plexcloud.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
May 24 16:51:53 arale systemd[911]: Failed to start rclone: Remote FUSE filesystem for cloud storage config plexcloud.

hello and welcome to the forum,

i am not a linux expert but i trying to work on it.

"usr/bin/rclone mount --config=/home/pi/.config/rclone/rclone.conf --allow-other --allow-non-empty --d"

• i do not think that --d is a flag, pehaps you meant --daemon
  • in that mount command, there needs to be a remote and a mount point.
  • i have read many times that this flag is not a good idea --allow-non-empty

You have RC specified but you don't have a port specified so if you try to run two it's going to try use the same port.

It's just truncating the output.

He has that with the placeholders.

1 Like

yeah i saw that he had the remote and mount point in the placeholders but i guess it got truncated, same as --d

can you throw me a bone? :bone:
this flag is not a good idea --allow-non-empty

Most use cases make that flag not the best idea. It doesn't really "cause" issues though. It's just not the best practice unless there is a good reason for it.

There are practical reasons to overmount. So in those cases you want to use that flag but most people don't have that.

The problem was solved removing the -rc option! thanks! I just copy paste the command to reuse in multiple instances but I forgot to remove the -rc option.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.