Possible to use Google service-account on teamdrive?

This is a question for those who have experience using Google service accounts:
Is it possible to use a service-account created on a free personal account to access a teamdrive?

I note that it is possible to create service-accounts from a free personal account, but if I try to follow the instructions in the docs then I run into the problem that I don't seem to have access to enable Google Drive API access for the service account. This is apparently done in admin.google.com which I do not have access to on a normal account (is it possible to do from somewhere else?). Without this I just get Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method, or client not authorized for any of the scopes requested. which I suppose makes sense.

So does this effectively mean that the only way you can use a service-account to access a teamdrive is if you have a Gsuite account (with admin) and share that teamdrive to a Google Drive in the Gsuite domain?

If that is the case then so be it, but since that is never really spelled out anywhere I would like to ask for clarification so I know if I can stop wasting my time doing this other way :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.