Possible to mount "read-only" where writes don't get uploaded?

This might be a slightly strange request, but I'd love the ability to do a read-only mount where the filesystem itself isn't mounted read-only, but instead changes are ignored and not uploaded to the server.

The reason is that I would like to mount a folder containing a LevelDB database in a read-only manner. Unfortunately, opening a LevelDB database seems to be impossible unless the filesystem is writable, because LevelDB wants to create a lockfile as part of the open operation. But I don't want these lockfiles to get synced to the remote and I don't want any other changes to be possible either.

I was wondering if I could accomplish this using the --disable FEATURE flag, but it doesn't seem like there's a feature that covers "making any change to the remote." Or maybe I could set the write cache duration to infinite somehow? Any help would be much appreciated.

That feels like a lot of complexity/data loss for something that would be a very niche use case.

You can open a feature request on github, but I can't imagine it would get picked up as that really doesn't have much to do with cloud remotes as that's a very specific use case.

You could try making a union of a local read/write directory and the levelDB database folder. the union backend has the ability to mark things read only so this would probably work.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.