Possible to copy open files on Windows with VSS?

Hello,
is it possible to copy, sync open files on windows plattform? As far as know the program has to use VSS.
Is this correct and possible?

Best wishes
poul

I’m not a Windows expert, but I believe you are correct that you would need Volume Shadow Copy to copy open files.

The other platforms rclone runs on don’t have this limitation.

Know anyone that could help implement this feature?

hello,
thanks for the quick answer.
Unfortunately i dont know anyone and i couldnt realize this.
Perhaps someone here in the forum could do this.

Are there any plans to develop it?

Best wishes
Poul

The first thing to do would be to make an issue on Github - then the feature request won’t get lost

Some minutes ago, i posted a new issue.
Will wait.

Best wishes
Poul

I see it thanks :smile:

I think windows have Shadowcopy or so called the VSS inbuilt in it. But I have found that its not much efficient when copying huge files. I was also using the windows utility but didn’t liked it that much. So I shifted to a 3rd party software which does all the work for me. I have been using GS Richcopy 360 for almost 1 year and its the best that I have used so far. Some of my favorite features are long path name support which is necessary when copying huge files, copying locked files, multi threaded file transfer for fast transfer speed, pre scheduled file transfer, email notification when task is done and many more.Try it its the best till now!

I didn’t found it efficient when copying huge files. I was also using the windows utility but didn’t liked it that much. So I shifted to a 3rd party software which does all the work for me. I have been using GS Richcopy 360 for almost 1 year and its the best that I have used so far. Some of my favorite features are long path name support which is necessary when copying huge files, copying locked files, multi threaded file transfer for fast transfer speed, pre scheduled file transfer, email notification when task is done and many more.Try it its the best till now!

Yes its possible to copy open files but windows does not provide anything for that. I have been using GS Richcopy 360 to solve this error and other errors like long path name. Its really simple to use and is feature rich. I’m currently using enterprise edition of it.