Plex/Windows/GDrive Playback Issue

so streaming plex works from the laptop, correct?

Yes, seems to be.

Would the next test be to stream from the Shield, then collect logs?

can we agree that the issue is the shield when streaming 4k over plex.

Yes, it seems that way. Not sure if maybe there's a tweak within rclone that would help or not.

for the 4k, have you tested both direct play and transcoding?

Just direct play, not transcoding.

I initially thought it might be an issue with rclone and not the shield because it plays locally-stored 4K files flawlessly. It's only the GDrive/rclone files that have issues. Just thinking that my mount command needed tweaking.

streaming 4k over plex works on the windows laptop.

I know. I get what you're saying, it's obvious that it's not rclone, or my mount command. I have no idea why the Shield is essentially the best player on the market for Plex, but my 5 year old laptop with the plex app can stream 4K movies better than it can over Wi-Fi and without hiccups. I've even completely reset my Shield.

at this point, do you have a rclone question we can help with?

No. Sorry for wasting your time.

I use a Shield as my main player and have no issues streaming anything.

You should reproduce the issue, grab a debug log from rclone and post that.

Hey Jay! I see you've found your way here :wink: (we know each other from the Plex forum)

Since I know your issue, and it looks like you're using my exact mount settings, I think I can safely say that this has absolutely nothing to do with Rclone. I haven't watched a lot of 4K REMUXes lately, but this hasn't happened to me since the last time we talked. I was under the impression that it also doesn't happen to you every single time, no?

EDIT: For anyone interested in what the actual problem is, see here: REMUX files not showing in Plex Dashboard - Streaming Devices - Plex Forum

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.