Plex library optimize - Gdrive

Does your process move the AAC track to the first slot after the video track in the mkv file?

Streams are mapped ā€œas isā€ (excluding unsupported streams), no streams are remapped. The audio stream is commonly the first stream after the video though.

Also, is there a way to copy the video stream therefore, just creating the AAC track?

What do you mean?

I want to copy the video track (no encoding) and just create a AAC audio track.

Sorry, I donā€™t understand why you want to achieve that. Copying the video stream without any encoding is fine, this is already doableā€¦but why do you want to just create an AAC audio track? If the source file has both a video stream and audio stream and you want the video to remain unencoded but want the audio stream to be encoded into AAC, then thatā€™s fine, thatā€™s what Plexus does.

I donā€™t want to just create a AAC track. For example:
Track ID 0: video (MPEG-4p10/AVC/h.264)
Track ID 1: audio (E-AC-3)
Track ID 2: subtitles (SubRip/SRT)

Copy the video track (no matter what codec it is)
Create a AAC track, because one does not exist.
Re-order the AAC track to make it ID 1 (which you cannot do)

By default, if you put that file through Plexus, the audio track would be encoded into AAC. If thatā€™s not what you mean, then I can only assume that you want to duplicate the audio trackā€¦but Iā€™m not sure why you would want to do that.

I donā€™t want to re-encode the video, no matter what codec it is.
I just want to copy the video 1:1 and create an AAC track.

@habskilla Okay, but what Iā€™m asking is why you want to create an AAC track? That seems pointless. Without a reason behind it, thereā€™s no reason to implement such functionality. As I explained in a previous comment, you can use the encode function in audio-only mode which will just re-encode the audio streams into AAC, perhaps this is what youā€™re looking for?

Not reallyā€¦

Thanks for your patience and help

@habskilla Okay, but could you then explain exactly what it is youā€™re looking for and why? Maybe then weā€™ll be able to get to the bottom of this.

@Wolveix what would be the command to list only files that donā€™t have h264?

Iā€™m using the following:
plexus list -l /opt/plexus/listfile.txt -d /mnt/gdsa07/movies -m /mnt/gdsa07/ -v h264 -a ""
But it looks like it adds files that already have h264. Is it becaause that command list them because the container is mkv?

thank you

Hey @soy_titooo!

Yes, the container would be the reason. Either set your preferred container via the -c flag or set your default container within the configuration file/function (this is mkv by default). You should also be able to specify -c "" to disregard the container.

@Wolveix Came across this thread and plexus. How do you incorporate optimized version in plex itself, not to be confused with multiple versions.

As far as I know optimized versions are embedded in database, does plexus do this?

@Clckwerk Plexus doesnā€™t directly touch Plex itself, it just interacts with your media collection. By default, it will convert and then overwrite your media file. If you disable overwriting, a second version will be placed in the media fileā€™s directory with a [Plex Encode] suffix.