Plex buffering frequently

That makes sense on the Xbox using a small buffer and would explain the trouble then. I wonder if Chrome and Plex Web is the same type of behavior. Going to have that user install the new Windows app and see if it persists. Recommended a couple of normal Xbox users to try a different device when they have a problem. Have a FireStick user complaining that every couple of minutes it skips back 3-5 seconds but I'm gonna write that off as a FireStick issue as every user on my server that uses a FireStick reports weird trouble and I generally recommend they replace it with a Roku.

I wonder if it's possible to force a transcode in the Xbox app as I have one user that that is all they have. They would probably have to manually set their quality to something other than what the source is to force it.

Edit: The Xbox Plex settings actually have a checkbox for Allow Direct Play. I unchecked it and the affected file now forces a container transcode which prevents it from using the Xbox buffer and therefore doesn't cause the buffering.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.