Plex and G-Suite

What is the problem you are having with rclone?

None... yet :slight_smile:

What is your rclone version (output from rclone version) 1.53.0

Which OS you are using and how many bits (eg Windows 7, 64 bit)

Raspberry Pi 4

Which cloud storage system are you using? (eg Google Drive)

G-Suite

Not a problem, but a question. It's been a year since I moved from local storage to G-suite with Rclone. At the time I read something on the forum and the help docs about not running into Google file lock issues from excessive connects or something like that.

The question I have is centered around my setup, which is several Raspberry Pi 4's running plex server, to be given to family. They all use the same Gsuite account. With this setup is there a potential problem based on the number of users accessing files on Gsuite through the same account?

Thank You.

you will most likely be referencing to the API limits. I dont believe there are any limits to the number of connections via the same account.

from my understanding there are limits on the number of API calls to files and an upload/download of 750GB's in a 24Hr period. the issue you may stumble on is for the scanning of the libraries, there are settings out there on the googleweb that will help you configure that so its at a minimum.

you are aware that GSuite are changing the way they work and the unlimited drives are changing also. im currently trying to migrate away to dropbox business with 2 other mates to get the unlimited storage back for the 3 of us.

some body with the understanding of the API may be able to clarify better exactly what you will need to watch out for.

API's, that was it!

I've been keeping track of the G-Suite rebuild to see how it could impact me, still unsure at the moment. As for my libraries I usually scan once per day to minimize CPU load on Raspberry PI's.

@eddie563, Google Workspace Enterprised Standard Edition is $20 per month. Unlimited storage with no minimum user. 1yr to upgrade to it in the G-Suite Admin Console.

1 Like

Wow, thanks i wasnt aware and have now upgraded and will be dropping dropbox.

Just be aware that the terms page for Google Workspace says something different...

tbh, it's all a bit unknown at the moment as to exactly what will happen.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.