OneDrive + obfuscate filename = invalid url

Using onedrive + crypt, I got an error uploading one of my file. After long search, I found that graph API have limitation over unicode 0xFFF0 - 0xFFFF.
I would like to submit a fix but I wonder if this is a standard behaviour or not. So that I could decide to change obfuscate method or onedrive backend

2019/12/02 15:47:56 DEBUG : GET /v1.0/drives/b!-***/root:/***/13-45%EF%BF%AB%EF%BC%8D%EF%BF%9B%EF%BC%8C<b>%EF%BF%BB</b>%EF%BC%8E%EF%BF%AB%EF%BF%9D%EF%BF%9E<b>%EF%BF%B3</b>.ivu HTTP/1.1
Host: graph.microsoft.com
User-Agent: rclone/v1.50.2-DEV
Authorization: XXXX
Accept-Encoding: gzip

2019/12/02 15:47:56 DEBUG : HTTP RESPONSE (req 0xc00192e600)
2019/12/02 15:47:56 DEBUG : HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Connection: close
Content-Length: 324
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 07:47:56 GMT
Server: Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Bad Request</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" Content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"></HEAD>
<BODY><h2>Bad Request - Invalid URL</h2>
<hr><p>HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.</p>
</BODY></HTML>

And Onedrive seems to allow me to upload the exact file on web

Interesting - I didn't know that.

Are there some docs for that?

Ideally we would fix the onedrive backend so this is possible.

Probably the first thing to do is to please make a new issue on github then I can get the ondrive backend maintainer involved too.

I didn't find any doc for this behavior but the WAF system of graph API might be to blame, since this block of Unicode is called special. I can repeat the behavior on Graph Explorer and simply deleting the special characters fixes the problem.

Thanks for the explanation. Do you want to make that issue now?

@Max-Sum Completely unrelated because this is a bit out my wheelhouse, but how on earth can you come in and make your first post after implementing new union features we've been hungering after for months?

Prodigy? Or epic-level lurker? :smiley:
Either way, welcome, and let me know if I can assist in any way. I owe you a debt of gratitude for your work on the union improvements (I am still trying to parse all the code). Call on me with @ anytime :slight_smile:

PS: Looking forward to beta-test the changes as soon as it's in a functional state.

Union and Mergerfs: Exist
Me: It's free real estate!:rofl:

Just kidding, it's because I am a datahoarder in China and don't have good way to access to the perfect unlimited GDrive. So I have to opt for Union + OneDrive.The union feature is still under develop now. I found it easy to touch API limit since we do a lot of checking so the pull request will be created later.

Ok, I'm impressed and I already like you :wink:
Please let me know if I can help in any way outside of direct coding assistance (because I haven't learned how to code go quite yet).

Greetings from Norway, and +10 internet points for being Chinese with almost perfect English.

I tries to delete other characters and it also works.... confused

Can you see if you can narrow it down? Or maybe it was a bug that is now fixed?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.