OneDrive: Failed to set modification time: invalidRequest: Must provide one of the following facets to create an item: Bundle, File, Folder, RemoteItem

I’ve ended up accidentally forgetting to exclude the .AppleDouble sub-folders when doing a sync to OneDrive and I’m now trying the same sync with “–delete-excluded” additional parameter.

So I’ve used rclone sync $params "local" "OneDrive:remote" with params="--bwlimit 1M --stats 20m --exclude .AppleDouble/*.*" and now I’ve changed params="--bwlimit 1M --stats 20m --exclude .AppleDouble/*.* --delete-excluded".

But I’m now getting the error in the subject: Failed to set modification time: invalidRequest: Must provide one of the following facets to create an item: Bundle, File, Folder, RemoteItem.

If the --delete-excluded is not the right way to recursively get rid of the extra sub-folders, please let me know how can I do that.

PS. I probably am doing something wrong, but the error message is not very informative. I’ve googled it, didn’t find anything helpful, thus I’m starting this thread.

Can you try with the latest rclone 1.36. If it still does it then can you post an issue please with a log generated using -vv.

rclone isn’t very good at managing empty folders just yet (see issue #100), however you can delete all empty folders with rclone rmdirs

1 Like

Thank you for the link to rmdirs – that was exactly what I needed and it completed pretty fast!

I’ve also upgraded to 1.36 (sorry about not mentioning it before, I was on 1.35) and it seems to be working fine with --delete-excluded, it doesn’t throw the same error.

Great!

Excellent :smile: