Offline Cache Inquiry

Long time lurker first-time poster.

I’ve tried to search for the answer to my question, but I can’t seem to find an answer. I apologize ahead of time if this is something that is already around.

I’ve implemented the rclone caching, and after lots of troubleshooting, it is at a point now that it works great on my system. Without going into too much detail, I have a few things that run on docker containers on a remote server. Lately, I’ve started to consider migrating more docker containers I have locally to this environment, specifically Sonarr, and Raddar.

Is there a feature that does some sort of offline caching?

For example, I push the (local) rclone cached files that were created to my remote server, and these files would get treated as a cache on that remote machine. I would then not need to mount anything so Sonnar or Radarr can just see the cache, and do whatever it needs too off of that.

Thanks.

With the rclone cache, you aren’t storing files, you are storing chunks of the files based on your cache size so it isn’t something that can be shared as you can’t share the cache.db as only one process can access it at a time.

I’m not quite sure what you are trying to do with having the files available so it’s hard to recommend something. Can you describe in more detail what your use case would be?

In my example listed above.

I wanted to move Sonarr, and Radarr to my remote server. The information those 2 services rely is in the cloud, and local. Locally, I am using rclone to mount to my cloud storage, and unionfs to consolidate my local, and cloud mount. Since I have stuff locally, and not everything is in the cloud just yet, I was thinking if there was an offline cache I could use to on my remote server so I can still account for the media I don’t have in the cloud.

Having an offline cache might be able to do that for me with Sonarr, and Radarr. Then again, I’m not familiar with the inner workings of the rclone caching.

I hope that is a better explanation of what I am looking for, or trying to accomplish.

I think I’m following.

I’d probably just mount the rclone there and it would use what it needs. Not sure how trying to copy from from A to B would make much sense as it would simpler to just mount.

There isn’t a way I’m aware of to ‘share’ a cache between 2 processes as the cache.db is single access let alone sharing between 2 servers.

Alrighty sounds good. Thanks!